Tuesday, May 24, 2016

SEND ME SOARING CARD:

Hello there! I'm back today with another oldie but goodie. I used the long-retired set Send Me Soaring to make my dad a Father's Day card with. He just turned 83 a couple of weeks ago and he's been on my mind a lot lately. When we were kids he'd take us to fly kites. I even remember him building box kites at his work bench. So many happy memories and I knew this was the perfect set to use:) I started with a Hello Honey base and added a layer of Botanicals Gardens DSP on top-both of which will be retiring soon.

I stamped the clouds with Whisper White Craft ink onto Soft Sky Cardstock and heat-embossed them with White Embossing Powder. I finally broke down about a month ago and got the Rotary Addition for the Stampin' Trimmer, so naturally it showed up on the Retiring List right aftewards, sigh...I was able to get some replacement blades as well before they sold out of the Small Scallop & Tiny Wave. Actually, one of them is still available but the Rotary Addition & Cutting mat are gone. I wish I'd have gotten them sooner~it made the adorable trim that I attached to the back of the Soft Sky using Tip Top Taupe Cardstock.

I stamped the kites with Chocolate Chip, Hello Honey & Calypso Coral inks, cut them out with my paper Snips and attached them onto Chocolate Chip tails with Dimensionals. I stamped the sentiment with Chocolate Chip onto Very Vanilla Cardstock and stapled it with the Handheld Stapler & Mini Staples. I added a couple of Glue Dots to a piece of Hello Honey Striped Ribbon and stuck it underneath the Soft Sky panel. I finished it off with a pair of Crushed Curry Candy Dots, which will be going away as well:(

I'm sorry to use retired sets 2 days in a row, but I had to do airplanes and kites for my dad. There's a new set coming out in the brand new catalog called Swirly Bird that has a kite image. You can check it out on Pinterest. Thanks so much for stopping by:)

No comments:

Post a Comment