Friday, March 4, 2016

BOYS WILL BE BOYS CARD:

Hello there! Today I have a fun card that served double-duty this month. Our oldest grandson Gabriel turned 10 at the end of February, so I wanted to make something extra special for him now that he's double digits! I also made this work for the Creative Crew Challenge this month focusing on paper-piercing. I started with a Tangerine Tango base and added a piece of Schoolhouse DSP. I added 2 other coordinating patterns from the DSP as well.

I punched out a circle from Daffodil Delight Cardstock using the 2 1/2" Circle Punch and used the Essentials Paper-piercing Pack, Mat & Tool to add the textural element. I added a couple of strips of Cherry On Top Washi Tape and stapled the DSP to the circle using the Handheld Stapler & Mini Staples. I stamped the Lego image from Boys Will Be Boys onto the circle using Basic Grey Archival ink.  I trimmed the circle and adhered with Dimensionals.

I then stamped the Lego image onto Pool Party, Pacific Point & Tangerine Tango Cardstock. I cut out the blocks with my Paper Snips and adhered the Pacific & Tangerine blocks with a Dimensional. I stamped the sentiment onto Tangerine Tango and cut the words apart.

I then used the Project Life Corner Rounder Punch to round the edges on the right.

As I mentioned earlier, turning 10 is a big deal so I wanted to make his card extra special, so I made the inside pop up. I cut rectangles in Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, Pool Party, Pacific Point & Garden Green Cardstock and used the Cupcake Builder Punch to pop out ALOT of circles for the Legos. I adhered them to the blocks using Liquid Tombow. Next I cut strips of Pool Party to assemble a base to attach the blocks to.

I cut another piece of Schoolhouse DSP to 8" x 5" and folded it in half. While keeping it folded, I measured & marked down 1" from the top. I then turned the folded paper so that the fold was at the top and used my Stampin' Trimmer to cut a slit down to the 2 1/8" mark. I repeated the process for the bottom. While still folded, I used the scoring blade to score a line from the 2 slits. I adhered the DSP to the inside and added the blocks to the pop-up piece with Liquid Tombow. I then stamped the blocks and the sentiment using the set Words of Truth.

Here's a few pics of the birthday boy:)

We had his birthday at SkyZone in Cedar Rapids which has wall to wall trampolines.

We had 1 whole court to ourselves for an hour...which was entirely too long for an old lady like me:) But I am happy to report that my daughters wet their pants before I did:)

I don't know where the time went~10 years went by fast!

This just seemed like yesterday:( Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment