Sunday, October 11, 2015

HAPPY SCENES HALLOWEEN CARD:

Hello there! I love so many things in the Holiday Catalog and I wanted to share a few more of my favorite things with you. I made this fun little Halloween card with the Happy Scenes set and coordinating Hearth & Home Thinlits. I saved 15% by bundling the two, and I figured I might as well save 15% on the Festive Fireside Bundle too! More on that in a bit:) I started with a Basic Black base and made another tall card, measuring 6 1/2" x 6", scoring down the center to make a finished size of 6 1/2" x 3". I trimmed the sides off the top to make a pointy haunted house and added a chimney.

Next, I cut a hole out of the top layer for the window frame. I used a square from the Squares Framelits and had to run it through several times to get the rectangle size of the window opening. I then ran the Hearth & Home Thinlits through the Big Shot using Basic Black Cardstock.

I added a strip of Bohemian DSP on top of a piece of Happy Haunting Washi Tape. I then adhered the window frame over the hole I cut, using Dimensionals. I added a Home For Christmas Button adorned with Whisper White Baker's Twine. And this is where the Festive Fireside Framelits came into play... I needed the black cat for this card so that's how I justified the additional purchase:) I used Liquid Tombow to glue him to the window frame.

I used the Envelope Punch Board to make a custom-sized envelope to go with my tall card using Happy Haunting DSP. For the sentiment, I masked off the words I didn't need with a post-it note, and stamped in Whisper White Craft ink, stamping each word separately onto Basic Black Cardstock. I then heat-embossed each word with White Embossing Powder and cut them down to size.

I added a piece of So Saffron Cardstock to the inside and stamped the spider web in Black Memento ink. You may want to avoid using Basic Black Archival ink on your photopolymer stamps as it will stain them. I then attached the words with Liquid Tombow.

This was such a fun card to make and I really wanted to add some siding, but I decided to leave well enough alone. Make sure to swing by tomorrow to see another idea for this set. Thanks so much for stopping by on such a gorgeous day:)

No comments:

Post a Comment