Hello there! Today is a cause for celebration! I got all my wedding projects done for a friend's wedding tomorrow! I just want to go get a big bottle of wine and spend the whole day drinking it:( ) This is the favor that all of the guests at the Rehearsal Dinner will receive tonight. I had to make 130 of them, but I should be thankful~the original number was 190!...for the Rehearsal Dinner!
I started with our 4 x 6 Cellophane Bags, added the cookie, folded the bag down about an inch and stapled in the middle. I then made the toppers using the Gold Foil Sheets~actually, it was gold poster board from Hobby Lobby, but it's pretty much exactly like the Gold Foil Sheets. I stapled it onto the cello bag on the left side. I then added various designs of retired Washi Tape to cover the staple. Next, I added a strip of Gold Fancy Foil Vellum with a Glue Dot.
On top of that, I added a pennant cut from the gorgeous new Black Glimmer Paper from the Holiday Catalog. I then stapled it to the topper. I added the DSP circle punched from the Neutrals Color Collection with the help of the 1 3/4" Circle (I think) Punch. I stamped the sentiment with the set Endless Thanks using the new Basic Black Archival Ink that dries and doesn't smear on Whisper White Cardstock~yay! Another reason to celebrate today:) I then cut out the banner...yes, 130 of them and stapled the Gold Sequin Trim to the circle. I added a Dimensional to the left side and attached the banner. I then used Dimensionals to attach the circle to the pennant. I then also added a little flower made with the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack and Gold Foil Paper. I added a Basic Pearl to the center~you can see the finished project in the baskets.
Next I made 130 of these monogrammed napkin rings. I pleated the napkins diagonally and wrapped each with a Gold Fancy Foil Vellum belly band. I then used the retired Starburst Framelits with the help of the Big Shot, to cut out the circles from Gold Foil Paper.
I layered a label on top of the gold paper using the Washi Label Punch and Gold Glimmer Paper. On top of that I used a retired frame and alphabet set to make the monogram. I stamped it onto Brushed Gold Paper, which I just now realized retired, huh...didn't know that. I used the new Basic Black Archival ink again and I attached it with a Dimensional.
Although these projects were time-consuming, they were a piece of cake...actually kind of fun to make. I cannot say that about the next project...
These bows were a nightmare! I will never, ever, EVER make them again!!! The bride gave me a picture of what she wanted and I spent many nights laying in bed trying to figure out how to attempt them. I finally just ordered one, took it apart and made a template.
This is the bow that she wanted, and I struggled to get them to look like this, but I think I nailed it. They couldn't remember if they needed 18 or 24, so I only made 18 because they were so horrible. Naturally, they needed 24, so I had to make 6 more, but it may have very well been 100 more~that's what if felt like making those extra 6.
I burnt every finger at least once with the hot glue gun, and my poor thumb may never recover. Now I hear they are going to 'fluff' the bows. I told them...'Fuff' at your own risk...I'm not fixing them or dealing with them anymore if you don't like them...I am done, lol. Actually, I'm dead serious...that's how awful they were!
I'm getting another panic attack just thinking about them, so I'm ending on a positive note...
Hopefully they'll be happy with everything and the big day is a success! Now I'm off to play with some of my new stuff from the Holiday Catalog...with a glass of wine likely:):):) Thanks so much for stopping by!