Sunday, July 12, 2015


Hello there! I wanted to share a CASE from the catalog that I made using Butterfly Basics and the coordinating Butterflies Thinlits. This set was launched in the Occasions catalog, and I resisted buying it. It's normally not my kind of style, but I'd find myself studying it wondering if I'd use it. Then the new catalog came out with a beautiful sample made with it, and I had to have it. It also featured the Masking Technique, which I haven't done in awhile.

I made a few changes as the pink and green were a little too intense for me, so I toned it down a bit. I started with a Crumb Cake base and stamped the netting image with Whisper White Craft ink. I had to resort to the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig after several failed attempts to line it up evenly. I then stamped the floral image onto a piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock using Tip Top Taupe ink. I stamped the image again onto a piece of typing paper. A post-it note would have been ideal to have something sticky on the back, but I didn't have one big enough. I cut out the flower image, which I'm not gonna lie, took awhile. But once you have it cut out you can use it over and over again as a mask.

I added a tiny bit of temporary adhesive to the back of the flower piece I cut out and laid it over the flower I stamped on the Very Vanilla. I then inked up the fern image in Pear Pizazz and stamped over the flower image. It's a really cool technique in that when you remove the mask, the fern image looks to be layered underneath the flower. I had a few blank spots where the ink didn't adhere, so I used a Pear Pizzazz to fill in a bit, and not very well I might add. I should have looked at the sample better. I used a Blender Pen with Blushing Bride,Pear Pizzazz and So Saffron ink to color the flower.

I stamped the postmark and sentiment with Top Top Taupe ink and the splatter image is from a past Paper Pumpkin kit. I used the same ink but stamped it off first. I added a piece of Mint Macaron Dotted Lace Trim and added the small butterfly in So Saffron on top. I then used the Butterflies Thinlits a second time and cut out the middle sized butterfly using the Gold Foil Sheets.

Finally, I punched a hole in the tag using the 1/8" Circle Handheld Punch and tied a piece of Gold Metallic Baker's Twine through it. I really like how this card turned out and I think I'll be getting some good use out of this stamp set after all:) Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment