Monday, February 2, 2015

FOR PEEPS' SAKE CARD:

Hello there! Here's the 2nd card you'll be making with February's CLASS OF THE MONTH:FOR PEEPS' SAKE. I wanted to come up with a couple of designs that weren't geared towards Easter to show the versatility of the stamp set. The inside sentiment says Live the Life You've Imagined from Really Good Greetings. I think it would work really well for a graduation or just to send some encouragement to a friend. I started with a Crumb Cake base and ran it through the Big Shot along with the Large Polka Dot Embossing Folder.

Next I made a tag by punching a piece of Whisper White Cardstock using the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch. I used the Eclectic Paper-piercing Template along with the Mat and Tool for the added detail. I used Chocolate Chip and Crisp Cantaloupe Markers to color the stamp and used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to get perfect placement. I then used the Eclectic Template as a guide to poke holes for the stems. I zigzagged a piece of Old Olive Baker's Twine in and out of the holes and tied knots on the back.

Next I took a scrap of Best Year Ever DSP~a SAB selection, and ran a strip of Sticky Strip over the top. I removed the covering and sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds Glitter on top, and then adhered to the underside of the tag using Liquid Tombow Glue. I used the Boho Blossoms Punch to punch out a flower in Coastal Cabana, Calypso Coral and Daffodil Delight Cardstock. I attached to the tag with Liquid Tombow, and cut off 3 fluffy little centers from the Calypso Coral Pompom Trim~one of my faves from the Occasions Catalog, and attached them with Liquid Tombow as well.

I added some detail with the Calypso Coral Chevron Ribbon and a Stapler, and adhered the tag to the base with Dimensionals. I love how the little trio of flowers really make this simple card pop. And I love how it screams Come on Spring! Thanks so much for stopping by today and check back tomorrow for card #3:)

No comments:

Post a Comment