Monday, January 12, 2015

WOOD YOU BE MINE? CARD:

Hell there! I've been on a Valentine's Day roll so I have one more card to share with you today. This card features the set Wood You Be Mine? from the Occasions Catalog. I started with a Crumb Cake base and added a piece of DSP from the Adventure Abound DSP Stack, also found in the OC.

I took a piece of Soft Sky Cardstock and stamped the tree image in Mossy Meadow, stamping full strength along the bottom and stamping again vertically a couple of times to get some depth. I repeated this all the way across. Next I made a stencil using the Cupcake Builder Punch for the clouds. I used a Sponge Dauber with Whisper White Craft ink, and adhered to the card front. I added a piece of Burlap Ribbon and frayed the end.

I stamped the sentiment and lumberjack image with Memento Black ink onto Whisper White Cardstock and used Read Red for his shirt. I colored the rest with Skin Tone, Crumb Cake & Night of Navy Blendalilities. I used a Real Red Marker for his cap and axe and a Smoky Slate Marker for the axe. I used the Color Lifter on the Night of Navy to resemble denim. I used a Crumb Cake Marker to outline the image and cut it out using the Circles Collection Framelits along with the Big Shot. For the 'circular blade', I used the Starburst Framelits and Silver Foil Sheets. I used a Sponge Dauber in Cajun Craze ink to rust it up a bit. For a finishing touch I added a heart form the Essentials Wooden Elements with a Glue Dot.

Tomorrow I'll be sharing some Sale-A-Bration love, so be sure to stop back. Thanks so much for coming by:)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Laura,
    This card is just amazing! I didn't even think I needed this set till seeing your card. Super super cute! and great use of that paper stack. Really makes this card, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Beth:) Always happy to enable:)

    ReplyDelete