Saturday, January 10, 2015

TWIZZLER ARROWS:

 


Hello there! Today I have another fun Valentine project for you featuring the set You Plus Me, and some Twizzlers. I used Read Red, Melon Mambo and Smoky Slate Cardstock.

Start with a piece of cardstock measuring 3 1/2" x 2". Lay it shortwise on the Simply Scored and score down the middle. With a pencil, make a mark at 1" on both ends as shown,


and cut at a diagonal.



 Mark at 1" and 2" from the center and cut slits, no more than 1/2" long.

While folded, cut slits on edge to resemble an arrow.

Gently insert Twizzlers as shown.

For the arrow tips, I used the heart from Hearts A Flutter Framelits and ran it through the Big Shot. For the sentiment I used Whisper White Craft ink, along with White Embossing Powder and heat-embossed it. I added 2 Glue Dots to adhere to candy and added a Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine bow.


I added a Whisper White heart from the Hearts Collection Framelits for this design and added a Regals Button thread with baker's twine. I layered a few Glue Dots and attached to the heart. The sentiment was stamped in Melon Mambo. I wiped the ink off of the heart and colored it with a Real Red Marker and then stamped onto a piece of Whisper White Cardstock measuring 2 1/2" x 1". I flagged the end and punched a hole on the other end with a 1/8" Handheld Circle Punch and tied it to the licorice with a 9" piece of Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine.

For this masculine version I stamped the sentiment in Black Memento ink onto a 3" x 1 1/4" piece of Whisper White Cardstock, punched hole and attached with 6" piece of Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine. Fot the arrow tip, I wrapped a piece of 7" same baker's twine around it twice and tied in a knot on the back.

I had a little extra fun with this one...

I don't know...cornball or cute? Let me know what you think:)


And don't forget~how could I let you, right?:) Today is the deadline to sign up for January's CLASS OF THE MONTH:YOU PLUS ME. You get the stamp set, DSP Stack, stencil and dauber to try out the Bokeh Technique, kit to make 4 cards(you need to supply inks and adhesive), and 3 bonus project ideas.. Cost of the online class is $35.

Thanks so much for stopping by today:)














 
 
 

4 comments: