Wednesday, November 26, 2014

A YEAR OF FAVORS-FATHER'S DAY:

Hello there! I had so much fun making this little favor and couldn't wait to share it with you. I know you won't be needing to think about Father's Day for awhile, but when you do, hopefully you'll remember this fun idea. I used the photopolymer set Calling All Heroes. Having 2 grandsons, this set was a must for me. I cut out the star using the Big Shot and Star Framelits using Basic Grey Cardstock. I used Basic Black ink for the background and sentiment.

To stamp the sentiment, I cut out a circle using the Circles Collection Framelits out of scrap cardstock. I simply lined up the letters along the curve and stamped. I stamped the other images in Real Red ink onto Real Red Cardstock, and Crushed Curry ink onto Crushed Curry Cardstock. I cut them out, adhered them together and attached with Dimensionals.

Fot the 'cape', I folded the top corners around the top of the star and punched holes in the top corners of the candy wrapper. I then strung a piece of Crushed Curry 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon through the holes and tied a knot.

Finally, I anchored the cape to the back of the star using a couple of Glue Dots. Dominique isn't really the shirt & tie or golfing kind of dad, but he is definitely a super hero to Quinten, so these worked out perfectly! We added a couple of mylar balloons and we were set. Stop back tomorrow for some fun 4th of July ideas. Thanks so much for stopping by:)

No comments:

Post a Comment