Saturday, September 20, 2014

TEA PARTY!:

Hello there! I just got home and got everything cleaned and put away from our tea party at church today. Alot of work, but alot of fun:) This is the table my daughter Emily and I did. We had a vintage, kind of old-school theme. I'm sorry the lighting isn't the best, but you get the idea. I wish I could have been more on the ball and got pictures ahead of time, but yeah, that never happens:(

I went to a thrift shop and found quite a bit and got the rest at an antique mall in town.

You may recognize the paper I used to cover the paper maiche boxes-Flowerpot, Fashback and the Subtles Designer Paper Stack. I added some Blushing Bride Baker's Twine along the rims as well.

I found a bunch of mismatched cups and saucers and used those to hold a favor for each. I stuck a Tea Lace Doily in the bottom of a Gusseted Bag that I trimmed down a bit and filled with chocolate~well not 'filled'...some of the chocolate magically disappeared??? I made a sweet petite tag using the brand new Curvy Keepsake Box Thinlit Die. The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes and stamped in Lost Lagoon ink. I punched out 2 flowers in what I thought was Blushing Bride, but was actually Pink Pirouette, using the Boho Blossom Punch. I scrunched them up and popped a Basic Pearl Jewel in the middle. I put the tags on with Blushing Bride Baker's Twine and tied them up.

I made the placecards using a Whisper White Cardstock tent and added a border at the top made with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border. I used the same DSP and baker's twine as the boxes. I used Four Frames in Crushed Curry, Garden Green, Lost Lagoon & Blushing Bride ink and punched them out with the Decorative Label Punch. I used a retired set for the tea cups, colored them with the same Markers and yes, cut them all out by hand. I only needed to make 8 so it was doable. I attached them with Dimensionals.



Sorry so blurry...my poor camera had a hard time trying to figure out what to focus on.












Here's the other tables~thought you might like to see them too:





















I hope you enjoyed seeing all the different tables and themes as much as I did today. Now I'm ready to kick my feet up and not do anything:) Thanks so much for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. My comments are always deleted when asked to sign in... shoot. To repeat, this is beautiful, everything is. What a fete! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have trouble with some too:( Thanks so much for visiting Donna!

    ReplyDelete