Saturday, August 2, 2014

WATERCOLOR THANK YOU CASE:

Hello there! So sorry for the big break between posts~I guess I've had lots going on! Our church had an outreach day a few weeks ago at an apartment complex with lots of kids. We were trying to come up with ideas for games and I volunteered to do a Make & Take booth-even though I wasn't sure if I'd see much traffic. This is the card that some of the kids made. I cased it from the catalog but made a couple of changes. I knew I needed something fairly simple and nothing that would be too time consuming, and this worked perfectly:) We started with a Coastal Cabana base and used Dotty Angles for the background, stamped in Coastal Cabana as well. We stamped the sentiment with the single stamp Watercolor Thank You onto Whisper White Cardstock using Coastal ink again. I knew better than to bring multiple colors in stamp pads:)

We added a strip of Lullaby DSP to the top and had fun adding accents of Sweet Sadie Washi Tape. Next, we tied a piece of Crushed Curry Baker's Twine around the top and tied a bow. Once this piece was assembled, we adhered it to the Coastal base.

Our WOW(Wide Open Worship) band played and when I was singing with the band, I looked over at the card table and there were about 8 kids around it making cards! A few of the kids forgot to take their cards with them, so I thought I'd share them with you. We're planning another Back to School event with them, so hopefully they can pick up their cards then.

I figured the majority of the card makers would be moms and their daughters, but I couldn't have been more wrong! There were a few dads who brought their daughters around to the booths, and I had some young girls make cards, but the majority were young boys! I told them they now had a handmade thank you card to give to someone and most of them told me they were going to give it to their mom:) Precious!

Some of the kids followed my design, but some got very creative. This one even decorated the envelope:) My kinda kid!

Our daughter Emily manned the Duck Pond, so Quinten had to check out the duckies ahead of time to make sure they could swim...

We had a heck of a time getting him out of the tub:)

We ended up with a beautiful day and a great turn-out and the time flew while we were there. I kind of figured we'd be a blessing to these kids and their families~we grilled hot dogs, had cookies, played lots of games & had prizes, and candy and gave away some gift cards; but I didn't realize just how much of a blessing they would be to me:) So excited to plan for the next event! Thanks so much for stopping by:)

No comments:

Post a Comment