Wednesday, May 7, 2014

STRAW HAT TREAT CUPS:

Hello there! These are the fun little favors I made for everyone who attended Card Night this past month. I got the idea for these from my good buddy~Jamie Hurley. You can see the cute Easter bonnets she made here:http://jhurley90.blogspot.com/2014/04/sweet-treat-cups-easter-bonnets.html. I thought these were a perfect fit since Card Night fell on May Day. I used the Circles Collection Framelits to cut them out using Baked Brown Sugar Cardstock as shown:


After they were cut, I ran them through the Big Shot again using the Square Lattice Embossing Folder. I am going to miss this folder SO much~I use it alot to add texture to 3-D projects~what were they thinking by retiring this??? ...Life goes on...

I attached a Circle Treat Cup to each and filled them with Sugar Babies:) I used a Sponge Dauber and Baked Brown Sugar ink to sponge the rims of the hats. I don't do alot of sponging~it looks really dated to me, but I wanted to darken up the cardstock to match the candy and it also helped bring out the texture of the cardstock.

Next, I punched out a circle using the 1 1/4" Circle Punch and glued it in place with Liquid Tombow to keep the candy from falling out.

I added some 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon in Bermuda Bay & Melon Mambo. I held it in place with a Glue Dot. It wasn't alot of fun tying those bows~I would recommend using 2 pieces of ribbon. Wrap one around the cup and adhere with a Glue Dot, and then make a bunny ear bow and attach it on top with a Glue Dot. I finished them off with a trio of Daffodil Delight flowers using the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack and adding a Basic Pearl to the center. I usually use the smaller pearls on my cards, so this was the perfect project to use up some of the big pearls I always have left over.

Retiring product I used:
Square Lattice Embossing Folder
Sponge Daubers
Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack

I hope you enjoyed this fun~bring on the sun project! Thanks so much for stopping by:)

No comments:

Post a Comment