Friday, May 30, 2014

METRO TYPE BOMB POP CARD;

Hello there! Ive been not-so-patiently waiting for my brand new SU! goodies to get here, and they finally did! I got busy yesterday and knocked out the other 3 cards we'll be making at Card Night this Thursday:) I'm always stumped as to what to do for July 4th. I don't think there's a big demand for 4th of July cards, but I wanted to acknowledge the holiday in case someone wanted one. The inside sentiment says Celebrate Amazing, Spectacular, Fantastic You, so I think it could work for several occasions:) I've seen several versions of these cute Bomb Pops online, and decided I could make it work with the fun sentiment from the brand new Metro Type Alphabet. It's a photopolymer set, which means it's totally clear, so it was a snap to use.

I started with a Real Red base and attached a piece of the brand new Maritime DSP. I cut out 1" strips of Whisper White cardstock and stamped the sentiment with Coastal Cabana ink. I lined up each word on a separate clear block. I lined up the letters along the bottom of the block and didn't leave any space between the letters. I had to reuse some of the letters, but it was easy to remove the letter I needed and plug it into another spot because these stamps are super sticky:) I wanted to keep each word to its own block so things will go more smoothly at Card Night, so some of the blocks are a little bigger than needed. I just made sure to wipe down the block with a baby wipe to get off any excess ink.

 To make the Bomb Pop, I used the Big Shot and Apothecary Accents Framelits. I used the 1 1/4" Circle Punch to round the edges by turning the punch upside down and inserting the cardstock into the circle through the top. I then used the Project Life Cards & Labels Framelits to cut out the raised up piece. I layered this piece on top of the larger one and added a tiny bit of SNAIL to hold it in place temporarily. I went down about a third of the way and attached a post it note. I used a Sponge in Real Red ink to add the color to the top. Then I added another post it note about a third of the way from the bottom, and used a Sponge to add Coastal Cabana ink. I used my Real Red and Coastal Cabana Markers to fill in any white areas created by the mask.

I let this sit for a minute to dry and in the meantime, I punched out 3 stars using the Merry Mini's Punch Pack from Real Red Cardstock. After the Bomb Pop had a little time to dry, I stamped Versa Mark all over it, covered it with Clear Embossing Powder and heat-embossed it. I trimmed the bottom with Paper Snips and removed the top piece. I added 3 Dimensionals to the back and centered it back on top of the larger piece. I trimmed a popsicle stick down to 4 1/4" inches and attached it to the back of the Bomb Pop with Glue Dots. I tied a bow around the stick using Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine.

To assemble the card, I added the white strips with SNAIL lining them up with the right edge. If you didn't get the words centered, you can snip a little off of the left side, as the Bomb Pop will be covering it up. I attached the Bomb Pop with Glue Dots, and the stars as well.

This was such a fun card to make and it's perfect for this hot weather that we jumped into. This was especially fun for me because Quinten LOVES Bomb Pops. He would easily eat a whole box if we let him. I told Q to save his sticks for me, and I think I had enough for Card Night in about 3 days:)

Thanks so much for stopping by!

4 comments: