Saturday, April 26, 2014

CRAZY, MIXED -UP LOVE CARD:

Hello there! Another beautiful sunshiney day out there:) And I have another card made with a set that will be going away soon. I think Crazy, Mixed-Up Love is such a fun set~maybe because I'm old as dirt and remember having a lava lamp back in the day. I started with a Very Vanilla base and added a piece of Venetian Romance DSP. I thought this design was really ugly and couldn't imagine ever using it, but it makes some awesome lava in the background don't you think?

I used the On Film Framelits along with the Big Shot to cut out the frame in Daffodil Delight. It seemed to fit with this retro-hipster design, along with the Retro Fresh Washi Tape~oh yeah, baby!  I stamped the lamp in Tangerine Tango onto Very Vanilla Cardstock and colored the background with So Saffron and Pool Party Markers. I added an Essentials Wooden Element with a Cute Clip on top. I stamped the sentiment in Tangerine onto Coastal Cabana and attached it with Glue Dots. I had to get some flower-power in there with the Boho Blossoms Punch.

I added a couple of Neutrals Candy Dots and globbed a bunch of Crystal Effects onto the lava lamp. I let it dry and checked it out this morning, and am loving the effect:) I hope you are digging this groovy card as much as I am. Here's the items that are retiring:
Crazy, Mixed-Up Love stamp set
Venetian Romance DSP
Hung Up Cute Clips

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Enjoy the gorgeousness out there:)

4 comments: