Sunday, March 16, 2014

PETAL PARADE CARDS:

Hello there! Today I have a couple more samples for you featuring Sale-A-Bration sets. These cards are made with Petal Parade. I have to admit I thought this set was really ugly when I first saw it, but it has managed to grow on me. I got inspiration for this card on the SU! site, and it just has a tropical feel to me~which is all good! I started with a Coastal Cabana base and heat embossed the white flowers on Watercolor Paper.

I then took the Summer Starfruit pad and tapped ink onto the top of the Watercolor Paper. I used an Aqua Painter to blend it and gradually get lighter towards the center of the paper. I then did the same process to the bottom of the paper with Pool Party, and got a nice subtle green in the middle. I put the paper under a wood stamp set to help it flatten out. Once it was dry I stamped the arrow image in Summer Starfruit and the flower in Pool Party.

I added a Summer Starfruit scallop border to the side using the Large Scallop Edgelit and ran it through the Big Shot. I added a couple of different patterns from the SAB Sweet Sorbet DSP and added a Whisper White pennant on top. The sentiment is from Fabulous Phrases and stamped in Pool Party. I added a pair of the cork flowers and scallops from the SAB Sweet Sorbet Accessory Pack, along with a Summer Starfruit twine bow, which is also included in the Accessory Pack.

Here's another card made with Petal Parade. Again, not my typical style, but it was fun to stretch myself a bit. There's very little stamping on this card; most of the images were cut out from the SAB Sweet Sorbet DSP. I started with a Whisper White base and stamped the leaf image to the right in Pistachio Pudding.

Next, I cut a strip of DSP and adhered it to the bottom. I colored the sentiment with markers, starting with Summer Starfruit at the top going into Crisp Cantaloupe, then Pistachio Pudding and finally Pool Party at the bottom. I used a Basic Black Marker for the arrow image. Then I just cut out differnt images that I liked and adhered them with SNAIL.

I popped the Summer Starfruit up with Dimensionals and used the small circle from the Owl Builder Punch for the Basic Black circle in the center. I added a SAB Crisp Cantaloupe twine bow to the center with  Liquid Tombow and scattered a few Basic Pearls around that I colored with a black Sharpie beforehand.

There's only 2 weeks of Sale-A-Bration left, so I wanted to give you some more ideas for these awesome products that will only be around for a little while longer. Check back tomorrow for some more:) Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment