Sunday, January 12, 2014

THOUGHTS & PRAYERS CARD:

Hello there! Today I have another card that I robbed from the annual catalog. I used Thoughts & Prayers and used the card on page 93 as a starting point. Actually, it's almost the same, except the one in the catty is better:) But it will be a nice sympathey card for someone when I need it. I started with a Crumb Cake base and added a layer of  Very Vanilla Cardstock. I stamped the tree in Old Olive and stamped it off again next to it. I used the set Gorgeous Grunge for the background and stamped it in Pool Party ink.



I folded a piece of Calypso Coral Chevron Ribbon in half and stitched it onto the card using my sewing machine. I wrapped some Linen Thread around it and tied a bow, which I did before I adhered it to the base. I tucked a piece of a Tea Lace Doily underneath along with a bit of Season of Style Washi Tape and added a Naturals Button on top.


I finished it off with a flag at the top that I stitched with my sewing machine again. I couldn't remember how to use it so I kind of made a mess, but I kind of like it:) I added a little more Season of Style Washi Tape to add a little color on top. As it goes with sympathy cards, I hope I don't need to use it anytime soon, but if I do, I'm ready. Thanks so much for stopping by today:)

No comments:

Post a Comment