Sunday, October 6, 2013

HALLOWEEN HAPPINESS CARD:

Hello there! Sorry it's been so long since my last post. My foot is not cooperating STILL and now I can't put any weight on it whatsoever, so it takes forever to get anything done. I have to crawl up and down the stairs, dragging my crutches with me-a pretty sight, as you can imagine! I do have a little scooter thing that I can use downstairs though, and I got around pretty good at our first Card Night a couple of days ago. This is one of the 4 cards we made. I used the super adorable single stamp Halloween Happiness.


I started with a Basic Black base that I scored a little wider at the top to accomodate for a treat inside. I stamped the fun little quartet in Pumpkin Pie, and then used a baby wipe to take the ink off of the tops. I colored the stems with an Old Olive Marker and stamped onto Whisper White. I then punched out the face with the 3/4" Circle Punch.


Next, I added a piece of Pumpkin Pie Chevron Ribbon around a piece of Witches Brew DSP. I added a couple of flags using other patterns in the pack and a Glimmer Brad, and tucked them under the ribbon. I then added a Caramel Apple Sucker to the inside with Glue Dots. I then closed the card, added a Glue Dot to the back of the face and attached the face to the sucker centering it inside the pumpkin.



I meant to get a picture of the inside, and would do it now, if it didn't mean having to crawl upstairs and back down with the card, camera and crutches. I hope you get the idea of what I did. I also used the fun little Chalk Marker for some gushy grandma stuff on the inside...which you probably wouldn't want to read anyway:) Make sure to check back over the next few days to see the other cards we made. It was great seeing everybody again and stamping together. If you missed this month, I hope you'll be able to join us on Friday, November 1st for the next one. Thanks so much for stopping by! And stay warm...brrr.

1 comment:

  1. I REALLY wanted to come! I LOVE the card! Am sorry to hear that your foot is bummed still!

    ReplyDelete