Saturday, August 10, 2013

HELLO AGAIN!

I'm baaack! I've been feeling guilty leaving you hanging for so long, so I've got several things to share with you today:) Fist off, I wanted to share this month's My Paper Pumpkin with you. This adorable banner kit came to my door earlier this month! 



It came with 4 different banners. I made mind double-sided, but you could easily get some extra skewers and make 4 different ones.




They could work for a girl or a guy, child or adult...perfect for any occasion!



Here's what's on the other side-equally as cute!



Unfortunately, this kit is no longer available, but you can sign up and you'll get next month's kit;



I think this was a bargain for $14.99-especially considering that everything was pre-cut and ready to go. It's worth it just for the surprise every month. But I 've got some exciting news for you...from now until August 31, if you subscribe to MPP, you're going to get your first 2 months for only $10! And, if you sign up TODAY, you'll get in on the the August kit that will start shipping on the 15th. If you wait to subscribe til after the 10th of the month, you won't get it til next month. So make sure you do it today! Go to www.mypaperpumpkin.com to check it out or sign up. Also make sure to plug my name in as your demonstrator:) Don't miss out this month!



Okay, I need to back up a little bit. Last time I left off with a card like this made for a girl. I said it would be pretty easy to change it up for a guy, so here you go. I used the sets Yippee Skippee and Make A Cake. I used the Chalk Talk Framelits for the tag along with the Denim Ribbon. I used a Baked Brown Sugar base, and added Etcetera DSP along with a strip of Epic Day Washi Tape. I used the Night of Navy Stitched Ribbon and Woodgrain Embossing Folder. The cake is Calypso Coral Cardstock and ink and the sentiment is in Old Olive.



I FINALLY got around to making the projects form the St. Louis Regionals, you know the one when I was sick as a dog:( I was hoping to get together with my best bud Jamie to workon these, but we couldn't get it to work out. At least we got to do the Convention M&T's together:) I used the stamp sets Clockworks and One In A Million. Neither set was ever on my wishlist, but now that I have them and have worked with them, I've grown quite fond of both.



It was fun to use the 1" Circle Punch to cut the knotches in the side-fun and different!



For this card, I used the Simply Scored to add the background design, and then sanded it a bit to bring out the texture-too cool! The colors on the card are Basic Grey, Pool Party, Gumball Green, Calypso Coral and Crushed Curry. The original design was made with More Mustard:(, but Crushed Curry was a good substitute:)



The flower was made my punching out 3 flowers with the Fancy Flower Punch, spritzing them with alcohol, scrunching them up, letting them dry and layering them. I love how the Vintage Facteded Buttons feflect all the yummy colors in thes card. The flags were scored at 1/4" with the Simply Scored and tucked under the flower.

Well I hate to keep it short and sweet, but I've got 200 wedding invitations to assemble, and less than a week to do it! For those of you who have offered to help, I may be giving you a holla this week if I don't get very far this week-end. If not with the invitations, I'll definitely need help with the 300 some favors. You may not want to answer your phones! This will have to tide you over for awhile until I get time to do some more creating. Thanks so much for stopping by!:)

2 comments:

  1. wow! I hope you are doing better!! I love all these cards too! Especially the ones from the Regionals! and good luck with all your invites and favors! If I was closer I would be there to help! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lauri! You're so sweet:) And thank you for the lovely card you sent me. I'll be sending one your way, but it may be awhile...I wish you loved closer too:)

    ReplyDelete