Sunday, June 23, 2013

ZOO BABIES CARDS:

Hello there! I have a pair of cards for you today-one for a boy and one for a girl. I used the set Zoo Babies, which is maybe my most fave set in the catalog-it's way up there anyway. And the best part is I got it for free! I earned it during SAB:) I started with a Soft Suede base and layered it with Pear Pizzazz and Tangerine Tango on top of that. I used the Big Shot and the Finishing Touches Edgelits for the decorative edge.

I stamped the giraffe in Pear Pizzaz, wiped off the ink on the tail and mane and colored it with a Soft Suede Marker. I stamped the image onto Whisper White Cardstock. I used the Owl Builder Punch to pop out a few polka dots in Tangerine Tango and glued them in place. I used I Am Me DSP and I am lovin' it! I stamped the sentiment in Soft Suede ink onto Pool Party Cardstock and flagged the end. I wrapped some Early Espresso Baker's Twine around it several times and tied a bow.

I popped the Tangerine Tango piece up with Dimensionals. Finally, I added a pair of Subtles Buttons to finish it off. You may have seen this color scheme in the catalog on page 57 and they suggested an alternate combo for a girl, so that's what I went with...


I duplicated everything from the above card except I used the following colors: Basic Grey, Blushing Bride, Strawberry Slush and Pumpkin Pie. I used the Quatrefancy Specialty DSP and traded out the polka dots for a Strawberry Slush Ruffle Trim skirt. Say that 3 times fast!



 Finally, I added some Calypso Coral Baker's Twine and Brights Buttons. I should have stamped the giraffe a little higher, but you get the idea.


I hope you like my his & hers cards-pretty quick and easy. As always, thanks so much for stopping by! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment