Saturday, June 22, 2013

KIND & COZY CARD:

Hello there! Today I have a card for you made with some of my favorite things from the new catalog. I used the Kind & Cozy set along with the Gingham Garden DSP and coordinating Washi Tape. It's all so bright and cheery and just puts me in a happy mood:) I started with a Daffodil Delight base and layered a piece of Whisper White Cardstock on top. There was so much white, so I added a subtle border using the Essentials Paper-piercing Pack and Mat and a Pear Pizzazz Marker. I used the same tools and added a border around the DSP using the paper-piercer instead of the marker.

I put down 2 strips of Washi Tape and added the floral circle that was punched out with the 2 1/2" Circle Punch. I stamped the focal image in Melon Mambo and punched it out with the same circle punch. The Pear circle was punched out with the 1 1/4" Circle Punch. I stamped the cup again in Night of Navy, cut it out and popped it up with Dimensionals. The heart was punched out with the Small Heart Punch and attached with a Glue Dot. I had to really fight the urge to flag the end on the sentiment, but I think it works.

 I finished off the card with a trio of coordinating Candy Dots in Brights, Regals and Subtles. I just got them yesterday and couldn't wait to try them out. So easy! And anything that has to do with candy is alright in my book! I hope this card makes you all warm and fuzzy inside, well maybe just fuzzy...you're probably already plenty warm. Thanks so much for stopping by!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Laura! I dont think I ever commented on your cards but I love them! You have such a talent with combining DSP and wonderful designs (and colors!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Lauri for your sweet, encouraging words!

    ReplyDelete