Thursday, June 27, 2013

CREATE A CUPCAKE CARD & BAG:

Hello there! So sorry I skipped out on yesterday! We went out of town with the 2 grandbuddies and by the time we got home I had nothing left! I'm super excited to say that I found a bunch of things that didn't look hideous on me to take to SLC for Convention in a few weeks!!! Clothes shopping is usually pretty horrible, but everything I grabbed seemed to work. Maybe I've just finally resolved myself to the mindset 'it is what it is'!  My mom has a birthday this week-end, so I wanted to share a couple of projects I've been working on for her.

I'll start with the card first. I used a Crisp Cantaloupe base and layered a piece of Venetian Romance DSP on top with a Pistachio Pudding Ruffle Trim attached. Next, I added a piece of Soft Suede Cardstock that I ran through the Big Shot using the Large Scallop Edgelit. I added a little interest with the Lattice Die and glued it to the Soft Suede piece. I've had the untouched Lattice Die and Scallop Edgelit for awhile and they were both just begging to be used for this card.

I stamped the cupcake base in Crisp Cantaloupe ink and punched it out with the Cupcake Builder Punch. The frosting was punched out with Soft Suede Cardstock, and the sprinkles are Crisp Cantaloupe, Island Indigo, Pistachio Pudding and Tangerine Tango Cardstock. I popped the base up with a Dimensional and added an Island Indigo Baker's Twine bow. The ribbon that I thought was Tangerine Tango, is actually Calypso Coral Chevron Ribbon, but it seems to work anyway.

 Finally, I stamped the sentiment in Crisp Cantaloupe ink and cut it out with the Bitty Banners Framelits. Now onto the purse...

My good friend, Jamie Hurley, had a cute little bag on her blog at http://jhurley90.blogspot.com and she pointed me to this video with instructions to make it: http://www.frenchiestamps.com/2010/1...-cute-6x6.html. After I started watching it I remembered that I had seen it AND I had made one of the bags,... and there it was sitting on my shelf! Sad and scary-this brain of mine! Anyway, I used another pattern from the Venetian Romance DSP, cut and scored it as shown in the video and used Soft Suede Cardstock for the trim and handles.

I used the Essentials and Occasions Paper-piercing Packs, Mat and Tool for the faux stitching and used a Soft Suede Marker to connect the dots. I added the fun Candy Dots in the Neutrals Collection to the Candy Dot Bases and attached the handles. Next, I punched out the flap using the Extra-Large Oval Punch, scored it down the center and attached it to the back of the purse using Sticky Strip. I punched out a circle using the 3/4" Circle Punch and attached it to the oval using an Antique Brad. I finished it off by attaching a Velcro dot underneath the flap.

This purse holds a gift card perfectly, so I stuck a Chico's one inside and my mom's all set!

It doesn't show up too well in the photos, but the card and bag are a perfect match. I hope I redeemed myself from yesterday with a double-post today! Check out the video and make yourself one of these cute little bags! Thanks so much for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment