Tuesday, June 18, 2013

ANIMAL TALK CARD:

Hello there! So sorry again for the big gap in posting. I seem to be on for two weeks then off for two. I guess that's just how it has to be for now with this carzy, chaotic life of mine:)( I haven't recieved my big order of new stuff yet, but I do have a few new things to share with you today. I used the set Animal Talk, which I'm so happy will be around for another year! I started with a Crumb Cake base and used the new Birthday Basics DSP.

I stamped this little cutie in Basic Grey and colored him in with Crumb Cake ink and a Blender Pen. The sentiment is in Bermuda Bay, Summer Starfruit and Gumball Green. I'm not real crazy about each of these colors individually, but I love how they all work together. I stamped them onto Whisper White and used the new Circles Collection Framelits to cut it out with the help of the Big Shot. I cut out one of the birthday hats and attached it with a Dimensional. I had to trim it down quite a bit and I maybe should have even more-he kind of looks like a 'Grand Poobah' or like he's wearing a dunce cap. Oh well, he's so cute, he can get away with it! I added a strip of Basic Grey Cardstock and stamped the sentiment in the same ink. A brand new Brights Button and loop of Summer Starfruit Stitched Ribbon gave it a little somethin, somethin.

I finished it off with a piece of Epic Day Washi Tape and a sliver of Summer Starfruit. The Washi Tape is so fun to work with-a little dab will do ya, and it's so addictive. I just want to add more and more. Just like chocolate, I don't know when to stop. Although, I seem to show much greater restraint with the tape!

A super fun and easy card for the little guy in your life. I want to share what else I've been working on...

Our daughter Emily is getting married in September, so I've been busy designing and redesigning the invitations. I think I finally got it down. Now to make several hundred of each!

I stocked up on this paper several years ago, which in unfortunately retired now. I sure hope I have enough! But the sentiment and the punch are brand new. I used the Label Love Bundle, which can be found in the brand new catalog. You save 15% when you buy the stamp set and coordinating punch. It's such a bargain, now I can spend more money on the cake! I added some detail to the belly band using the Finishing Touches Edgelits, which I'm sure I'm really going to hate after I make a couple hundred of these! I tucked a couple of Vellun banners behind the tag using the Bitty Banners Framelits.

I finished it off with a pair of flowers punched with the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack and a couple of Basic Pearls.

These will be the favors for each of the guests, which will be stuffed with chocolate of course. I used the Fancy Favor Die which is now retired-why, I don't know! That is just whack! I will keep this die foreva! I'll need to make 2 bags for each favor. The bottom one in black, and then another in vanilla. I cut the top of the bag off of the vanilla one, punched a hole through the top and tied with ribbon. The top just lifts off so it will be easy access the the sweets inside.


For the tag, I stamped the sentiment in Basic Black ink. I couldn't get the rest of the image as dark as I wanted, so I cut the middle strip out and attached it to a Basic Black label, which again, I'm going to hate myself for after I make several hundred! I finished it off with a pair of Vellum flowers.

So, as you can see I've been keeping plenty busy, but I'm anxious to dig into my new toys and share some projects with you using the new products. Check back tomorrow and hopefully I'll have something else ready to share. Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment