Wednesday, May 29, 2013

WISHES YOUR WAY CARD:

Hello there! Today I have a fun card for you made with Wishes Your Way from the Spring Catalog. I opted to cut out the pinwheel by hand by following the pattern in the Tea For Two DSP, but you could easily use the Pinwheel Die instead-well maybe not easily; it's a little tricky at first. Once you've made a couple though, it's a snap. The die would have made the pinwheel a little smaller, and I wanted the stitching to show on the opposite side, so that's why I cut it out by hand.

For the background, I inked up the Clear Block D with So Saffron ink and stamped it onto a piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock. I added a border of Lucky Limeade Cardstock punched with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch and adhered it under the Saffron square with Liquid Tombow. The sentiment is stamped in Island Indigo and I ran it through the Big Shot with the Bitty Banner Framelits to cut it out. I finished the pinwheel off with a Printed Designer Brad in Island Indigo as well. There's only a couple more days to get the brads, Pinwheel Die and DSP.

For a finishing touch, I used the Needlepoint Border Embossing Folder for a little bit of layered interest in the background. Thanks so much for stopping by. Make sure to come back tomorrow for another set that won't be around much longer. See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment