Thursday, May 23, 2013

UP,UP & AWAY CARD:

Hello there! So sorry for the long break. I've been knee-deep in Artisan projects. I finally got them sent off a couple of days ago and they've arrived at the home office! Now the waiting begins...no biggie though; I've got plenty to keep me busy-like a little one year old! I have managed to get a few projects made in the past couple of days, so I better get busy making up for lost time! I'll be focusing on retiring products for the rest of the month, and this is a set I'm sad to say good-bye to. This card was made with Up, Up & Away. I'll probably have to hang onto this set for while-I can't part with it yet:( I started with a Daffodil Delight base and added some of the cheerful Sunshine & Sprinkles DSP, which will be going away too.

I stamped the solid image balloon in Daffodil and used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to add the sentiment and other details. I also used Melon Mambo and Pacific Point ink. I added a Subtles Brad to the center of the flower, and added some Island Indigo Baker's Twine around the bottom.

I added a trio of Brights and Subtles Buttons to the top with a piece of baker's twine through the centers.


Finally, I added some Stitched Ribbon in Daffodil Delight, Basic Grey and Pacific Point. The green in the DSP is Lucky Limeade, but I've got all my Lucky Limeade pulled for my Retirement Party on Tuesday, so I used Old Olive instead-works just as well.

If you're in the neighborhood on Tuesday from 4-7, plan to stop by for some great deals and a sneak peek at the new catalog! We get to double-dip on the 30th by being able to order retiring products AND brand new stuff from the new catalog! Here's how it will work...place an order from any catalog (current, new or spring) and pick the equivalent amount of freebies from my Retired/Retiring Stash! I'll have all of my retired products priced-most at 50% off. Let's say you place a $50 order...then you get to pick out $50 worth of retired products for free! I've got boxes and boxes of stuff I need to get rid of to make room for all the new stuff I'm wanting! I'll have stamp sets in wood and clear, DSP, cardstock, stamp pads & markers, punches, dies, ribbons, buttons and lots more! I hope to see you Tuesday-just email me to let me know you're coming!

I have another project to share with you today since I've been so neglectful! I made this fun little picnic basket for my Hostess gift this month. It was super easy using the Petite Purse Die. I ran it through the Big Shot using Crumb Cake Cardstock and the Square Lattice Embossing Folder. I also broke out some of the BRAND NEW Gingham Garden DSP from the new catalog-I'm in total LOVE with it!!!

For the top of the picnic basket, I traced around the rounded ends onto a strip of Crumb Cake Cardstock that I cut 1" wide. I scored the ends, folded them, and glued them to the ends using Liquid Tombow Glue. Before I adhered them, I added a pair of Neutrals Brads. I also used them to attach the handles.

Finally, I added a sentiment from Itty Bitty Banners in Island Indigo and cut it out with the Bitty Banners Framelits. I tied it onto the basket with Island Indigo Baker's Twine. This little picnic basket holds 3 fun size Twix bars perfectly!

I hope you enjoyed both of these fun and Springy projects. Make sure to check back every day through the end of the month. I promise to have something for you every day!!! Thanks so much for hanging with me and stopping by today! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment