Thursday, May 2, 2013

BEST DAD EVER CARD:

Hello there! Sorry I didn't get this posted yesterday as I thought I would. Weren't enough hours in the day. It could also be because I got the new catalog yesterday and that kept me busy for awhile. It 'kicks booty' big time! I'm really impressed! Can't wait for you to see it!

I got my inspiration for this card from Linda Aarhus. You can see her card at www.polkadotsand paper.com. You'll have to go back a few posts, but you won't mind-she does beautiful work! She used the Delightful Dozen stamp set on her card, so you may be able to find it that way also. I started with a Very Vanilla base and added a layer of Pool Party Cardstock. You'll notice I used some new products!!! I used the Epic Day This & That DSP and brand new Washi Tape-fun stuff! I also used the Remember This & That Rotary Stamp for the stamped date-so much fun!


I used the set Best Dad Ever one last time before it goes away:( I masked off the ties with scotch tape and stamped each one in a different color. I used Daffodil Delight, Pool Party, Crumb Cake, Calypso Coral and Basic Grey-all colors in the collection. I cut each one out leaving a long tail at the top and tapered it to look like the end of a tie. I folded the tie over and stamped on the inside as well. I hung them over the Hung Up Cute Clip and secured them with Glue Dots. I thought I could pass on the Clips, but when I saw this card, I knew I had to have them.

I put a piece of Very Vanilla on top of the DSP and then stamped the sentiment on the Washi Tape using the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig. I added the Washi Tape and then stamped the date with the Rotary Stamp. I added the ties with Glue Dots and finished it off with a Naturals Button and Calypso Coral Baker's Twine. A little time consuming cutting out the ties, but a super fun card to make!

I'm also posting the selections for this month's 'Kits/Card To Go'. There are 9 to choose from. See the right hand side of my home page for the prices. Pick any 4 cards and email your choices to me at lmel09@q.com. The number for each card will be ABOVE it:

                                                                                1)



                                                                                  2)
 
 
3)
 
 
4)
 
 
5)
 
 
6)
 
 
7)
 
 
8)
 
 
9)
 
Okay, there's your choices. Please email me with your selections by Sunday, May 5th. Thanks so much for stopping by! Stay warm-brother!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment