Wednesday, April 3, 2013

OH, HELLO CARD:

Hello there! Today I'm sharing a card made with the set Oh, Hello. I didn't think this was a set that I needed, but I finally caved after seeing so many great cards made with it. This was a card that was featured in our Stampin' Success magazine, but I changed the colors up a bit. I've been on a quest to use colors that I don't normally use, and Regal Rose is one of them. It really is a pretty pink, but it's kind of bright. But I thought it would work well for this card. I started with a Very Vanilla base and used the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to align the chevron border up and stamped it in Baja Breeze. Next, I cut a piece of Regal Rose Cardstock and ran it through the Big Shot using the Ovals Collection Framelits. Then, I stamped the design in Regal Rose ink, using the SAMJ again to line everything up. I was afraid the pink was a little too bright, so I toned it down a bit by using a Sponge Dauber and sponging the edges in Crumb Cake ink. This gave it a soft vintage effect. Next, I used the Paper-piercing Mat and Tool and Essentials Paper-piercing Pack to add some faux stitching at the top. I connected the dots with an early Espresso Marker-one if these days I'm going to actually sew it with the new sewing machine I got for Christmas! I'm still not 100% sure how to use it-I guess I just gotta dive in and learn.

Next, I laid the Regal Rose Cardstock where I wanted it and traced the oval lightly with a pencil. I stamped the wavy chevron image in Crumb Cake and erased the pencil line when it was dry. I then stamped the flower image in Baja Breeze onto Baja Breeze Cardstock and used one of the Labels Collection Framelits to cut it out. I put Dimensionals onto the back of the Regal Rose piece an placed it on top of the Crumb Cake oval. Then, I added the Baja piece with Dimensionals also.

I cut a strip of Very Vanilla and stamped the sentiment in Early Espresso, and flagged the end. I used the splatter image from the Paper Pumpkin stamp set Hey There in Crumb Cake, stamped it off and stamped it over the sentiment and card. Oops, I need to back up. I added a piece of Victoria Crochet Trim to the bottom of the Regal Rose piece before I adhered it to the card base. Next, I inked up the flower image with a Baja Breeze and Garden Green Marker and stamped it onto Very Vanilla Cardstock. I did the same thing again with Regal Rose and cut out both flowers. I glued the Baja flower down with Liquid Tombow Glue and used Glue Dots for the Regal flower to give a little more dimension. I added a Linen Thread bow with Liquid Tombow.


Finally I added a short row of Basic Pearls under the sentiment. This is such a fun set to use-I really love it. I hope to make lots more cards with it in the near future. Please see below for the 9 cards that are options for April's 'Kits/Cards To Go'. The # will be ABOVE each option. See my home page on my blog on the right hand side for pricing information. Here they are...

                                                                                #1)



                                                                               #2)



                                                                             #3)



                                                                              #4)



                                                                            #5)



                                                                          #6)



                                                                            #7)



                                                                              #8)



                                                                         #9)

Okay, these are the 9 choices. You can go back over the last several posts to see more details of each card. Remember, you can pick any 4 of the designs, and you can choose from a 'Kit', where you do the stamping and assembling, or pick the 'Card' option, which are completed cards. If you choose #1, please specify the age you need. E-mail me with your selections at: lmel09@q.com by Friday, April 5th. Thanks so much for stopping by today!

2 comments:

  1. I love all of your cards and work Laura; thank you so much for sharing them with us!!! Warmly, Donna (SC)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly appreciate all of your kind comments Donna! Thanks for looking!

    ReplyDelete