Monday, April 1, 2013

ANIMAL TALK CARD:

Hello there! Happy April 1st to you-let's hope spring is on its way to stay! This card is made with Animal Talk-a set I fell in love with when I first saw it in the catty, almost a year ago. I can't believe it's taken me this long to make something with it-bad!

I started with a Whisper White base and added a piece of Neutrals DSP from the Paper Stack. I layered a piece of Primrose Petals Cardstock on top with a piece of More Mustard DSP from the Regals Paper Stack on top of that. Next, I used the Big Shot to cut out the frame with the Apothecary Accents Framelits using the Sent With Love DSP-which is only available until April 30th by the way! The sentiment is stamped with Basic Grey and Primrose Petals. I used the Paper-piercing Mat and Tool along with the Essentials Paper-piercing Pack to add the detail around the frame. I was so happy to see these products when they came out-I've put them to good use!

I added a strip of Primrose Petals Cardstock with a row of Primrose Petals Stitched Ribbon wrapped around it. Next, I added a couple of our Paper Daisies with a Subtles Brad attached to the center of the small flower. I used the Paper-piercing Tool to enlarge one of the holes made from the template, and stuck the brad through it. Finally, I added a Regals Button to the center of the larger flower and ran a piece of Pool Party Baker's Twine through the center. I attached it with Glue Dots.

This was a super quick and easy card to put together, and it just sings SPRING. Thanks so much for stopping by-I'll see you back here tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment