Thursday, October 11, 2012

YOU'RE AMAZING CARD:

Happy Thursday to you! Getting closer to Friday-although, that's when my work week starts-3 days in a row of babysitting my 9 month old grandbaby Quinten. I can do it, I can do it, I can do it.....:)
I got my inspiration for this card from Amy O'Neill.  She does amazing work! Check out her blog at: www.amyoneillblog.com.  This is a perfect guy card!


I used the stamp set You're Amazing and the Apothecary Accents Framelits which coordinate so perfectly with this set. When the Framelits were first introduced, I thought why can't we have some normal shapes? Ovals, scalloped ovals, circles. But these funky shapes work with this set. I used a Soft Suede base and stamped the sentiment on Whisper White. I colored in the stamp with Tangerine Tango, Lucky Limeade and Soft Suede. I then ran it through the Big Shot with one of the Framelits. Next I used the coordinating Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack to add some extra detail. I added some little banners at the bottom using the Summer Smooches DSP and finished it off with one of the Naturals Buttons tied with Lucky Limeade Baker's Twine. Well now I'm off to painting in the downstairs bathroom, adding a border to the upstairs bathroom, and maybe start wallpapering in the downstairs bathroom. I need to get as much done today as I can,  cuz tomorrow all I'll get done is chasing around a wild & crazy little boy! Going to be a great day! Enjoy yours too! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment