Monday, August 20, 2012

MOVING FORWARD CARD:

Hello there! What another beautiful day today! We sure have been blessed with this weather lately.  I thought this would be a perfect card to share with you today-perfect bike riding weather! I used the adorable set Moving Forward. Hopefully you didn't miss it in the catalog-it's on the very last page. Maybe they saved the best for last! Not only is this set just about the cutest thing eva, but SU! donates $3 from every sale of this set to the Ronald McDonald House Charities; so you can feel extra good about buying this set!

I started with a Very Vanilla base and added a piece of Storytime DSP-which I think has become my favorite paper in the new catalog. I'm also finding that I really like the new In-Color Summer Starfruit. It was my least favorite when I was first introduced to them, but I really love it paired with Early Espresso and Riding Hood Red. I'm also really loving the Core'dinations Cardstock that is available in the Holiday Catalog. It comes in Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler and Gumball Green. It's fun to sand it and give it a distressed look, or you can leave it as it is and have a subtle textured cardstock. I'm really hoping this does well and SU! will roll out this cardstock in all colors! I used the Scallop Edge Border Punch on the Summer Starfruit underneath the Early Espresso. I used the 2 1/2" Circle Punch to punch out the bike image and the Delicate Doilies Sizzlits makes a perfect backdrop. I added some Summer Starfriut Stitched Satin Ribbon and a row of RHR flowers punched with the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack. Three tiny Basic Pearls added the finishing touch! I hope you enjoyed todays card. Make sure to stop back again tomorrow. Thanks for coming by!

2 comments:

  1. Well, beings that I HATED the Summer Starfruit at first...I am on my third package ....AND red, you are my sister from another mister...lol LOVE THE CARD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too funny, my Jr. Mint sis! Can't wait for Convention! Thanks James!

      Delete