Sunday, August 26, 2012

BABY SHOWER CARD:

Hello again! Here's a card that's a little more fun than the last one I posted. My nephew called me a couple weeks ago and asked if I was still in the card game and if I could make a baby shower card for his girlfriend. Of course I was happy too-well, pretty much-I had less than 24 hours notice! She was wanting a jungle theme, and I had remembered a cute card by leighastamps at www.diaryoftwocraftygirls.com.  She used the set Fox & Friends, which is now retired, but you could easily substitute the monkey for something else. Her card was adorable, but I changed it a little to accomodate the jungle theme.

I started with a Whisper White base and used the woodgrain design from the Orchard Harvest DSP from the Holiday Catalog. I added some Daffodil Delight Cardstock that was run through the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder. I added a strip of Daffodil Delight Stitched Ribbon and tied it in a square knot. I adhered the monkeys to a strip of Lucky Limeade Cardstock with a Chocolate Chip Scallop Dots Ribbon border on each side. I used the Bird Builder Punch to punch out the branches in Chocolate Chip and then again in Lucky Limeade and glued the leaves onto the branches. I added a Chocolate Chip Border with the Scallop Edge Border Punch underneath the Daffodil Delight. I added a couple of Chocolate Chip buttons made with the Buttons #5 Sizzlets that was run through the Big Shot.  The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes. Well that's enough 'monkeyin-around' for one night. Have a great one and thanks for coming by again!

No comments:

Post a Comment