Friday, July 27, 2012

YOU'RE AMAZING PAGE:

Hello there! Today I have a scrapbook page for you. We're required to do at least one scrapbook page for each of the sets we're given to work with. This is definitely my weakest area. I can whip out 4 cards a day, but I can spend a couple days on one page. And I always leave the scrapbooking to the end, so I'm always under the gun on them. We had just gotten home from vacation when SU! asked if I'd be interested in being a display stamper for Convention. And it just so happened that we had gone to Disneyworld one day, so I had some great pictures to use with You're Amazing and the World Spectacular DSP. I basically cut the DSP apart and used different sections of it with Early Espresso Stitched Ribbon on the borders. I stamped and cut out some of the images from the stamp set and popped them up with dimensionals. I used the tiny ticket punch in the Ticket Duo Builder Punch and punched out about a million teeny tickets from one of the sheets of DSP, and tucked them behind the banner at the bottom of the page.

Oh, and the cute little guy in the picture is our grandson Gabriel. When we were walking around at Disneyworld, I kept seeing little girls dressed up like princesses-mini Snow Whites and Cinderellas all sparkly with glitter, and I wondered if the boys dressed up like anything. Right about then I saw little pirates everywhere, so I knew that was going to be our next stop.

It was so cool-you went into a big room that looked like you were inside a pirate ship, and they had a bunch of make-up artists transforming little boys into pirates.

Any self-respecting pirate has to have a black eye, a scar and a beard. Gabe did a great job of sitting still and loved the transformation.


Can't forget the tattoo!

Here, he's taking the oath and being sworn in officially!


I think they created a monster! But he had the best day ever! Thanks for coming by today. Tomorrow is my Stamp-A-Stack, and I think I'm all ready for it. Tomorrow I'll post some pictures of the event and I'll give you a break from Convention samples. I'll have a Christmas card for you so make sure to stop back. Thanks so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment