Thursday, February 9, 2012

P.S. I LOVE YOU CARD:

I decided to take a little break from Leadership and show you one of the cards we made at Card Night this month. I used the set P.S. I Love You from the Occasions Mini. I really love this set. This set has 15 stamps and I think I used them all on this card-not quite, but half of them! I used Blushing Bride and Real Red Cardstock on a Whisper White base. I added a little bit of Chocolate Chip DSP from the Neutrals Stack. P.S., I LOVE the new Pleated Satin Ribbon in the new mini! I added a strip of Blushing Bride on top of the DSP. I lso LOVE the adorable Twitterpated Buttons in the mini also. I cut a little strip of Chocolate Chip Cardstock and ran it through the center. I don't know who came up with the idea for putting cardstock through the button holes, but it's brilliant! 50 different colors to match every project! I used the Full Heart Punch for the large heart and the Owl Builder Punch for the small red heart. I used a few different circle punches and the Modern Label Punch for the sentiment. For the strawberry, I stamped the whole image in Real Red, wiped the stem off with a baby wipe and colored it with a Garden Green Marker. I stamped it on Whisper White and punched it out with the 1 1/4" Circle Punch (or maybe 1 3/8" ?). I cleaned the stamp and then stamped it in Versa Mark onto Chocolate Chip Cardstock. I heat embossed it, cut it out and stuck it on top of the strawberry. With the embossing, it really looks like chocolate! Almost as good as the real thing!

This is another card I made for Leadership. SU! had a contest for all the sets in in Occasions Mini. No winner,winner, chicken dinner here, but thought you'd like another idea for this set. I punched out some corkboard using the Big Shot and Scallop Squares Duo Die and covered them with Chocolate Chip Cardstock. I added several ribbons on top of a strip of Whisper White using the Dotted Scallop Border Punch. I made some little tags and punched them out with the Jewelry Tag Punch. I added some Itty Bitty Bits Buttons with Blushing Bride carstock behind them and attached the tags with some Mini Brads. Thanks for coming by and make sure to stop back tomorrow for a cute snowman card. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment