Saturday, December 3, 2011

DOWNLINE PARTY PART TWO:

I meant to post these last night, but I had a surprise visit from my little buddy. My grandbaby, Gabriel stayed all night, so we did all kind of fun things-made some gift tags, circled ideas in the catalogs, had some snacks...then some more snacks, and this old lady was done for!

So back to the party...we started out with chili for supper, then had some coffee and cookies-stamped of course! Next we did the Christmas exchange where you steal from each other-I can't remember what it's called, but we do it every year with my side of the family and it's a blast. Not all of my downline could make it, so we ended up opening all the presents and they got to pick something they didn't already have.

I made these sugar cookies with a gluten free mix. They turned out really well. I made them into little balls, rolled them on sugar and stamped them. They worked great. I frosted some and sprinkled them with a little sugar. After they sat a bit, I stamped them. I think if I would have waited a little longer, they would have turned out better. But I was really happy with them!



After we opened presents, we did a quick Make & Take. Becky came up with a cute reindeer tag using the Top Note Die and the Owl and Snowflake Punches. I'll post a picture tomorrow. We had a great time and kicked off the Holiday season. I'm really blessed to have such a wonderful group of gals!

I wanted to share this with you also. I put the tree up the day before Thanksgiving, and my little buddy was over to 'help'.  I have no idea where he found this ribbon, but I heard him say...'the finishing touch' and I looked over and saw this addition. He keeps adding more-he's been a busy little elf!

Here's a few more tag ideas for you. I'll get to those cards eventually!

Check back tomorrow and I'll have some more for you. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas---LOVE IT! See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment