Tuesday, August 2, 2011

ARTISAN PROJECT #1: PAWSITIVELY LOVE PAGE

This is one of 6 scrapbook pages I've ever done! The first 3 were for the AA contest I entered in 2008, and the other 3 were for this years entries. I can't take too much credit, because the subject matter is pretty cute on its own! This is my precious grandbaby Gabriel-okay he's 5, but he's still my baby. He was in the yard playing with our beagle Truman and our daughter Olivia's puppy (now small horse) Chanel.

I saved the scrapbook pages til last because they were the most intimidating to me. I think next time I'll work on them first so I'm not scrambling at the last minute. I started this page the day before my projects needed to be in the mail, and I spent all morning making plaid paper to match Gabe's shorts. Then I decided that I didn't like it and didn't use it! I guess I made the right call!

Here's the supplies I used for this project:
Stamps: Beary Nice Wishes, Teen Tiny Wishes, Tiny Tags, Everything Nice.
Stampin' Write Markers: Tempting Turquoise, Tangerine Tango, Night of Navy, Bashful Blue, Early Espresso. Versa Mark Pad, Versamarker.
Cardstock: Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Tempting Turquiose, Night of Navy, Tangerine Tango, Bashful Blue, Basic Grey. 12x12 Textured Early Espresso.
Designer Series Paper: Sweet Stitches, Brights Pattern Stack.
Punches: Corner Rounder, 1 1/4" Square.
Big Shot Die-Cutting System: Big Shot, Pawsitively, Scallop Squares Duo, Clear Circle Dies.
Accessories: Crop-O-Dile, Crimper, Heat Tool, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, Clear Block A, Mat Pack, Paper Piercer, Cork Sheets, Jumbo Pewter Eyelets, Regals, Brights & Neutrals Buttons, Clear Embossing Powder, Hemp Twine, Dimensionals, Sticky Strip, Snail & Tombow Multi Adhesive.

Thank you for looking! Next stop is the AMAZING Jenn Picard's blog:http://anewinkonlife.typepad.com

10 comments:

  1. Laura,
    I LOVE IT!!! And Gabe is getting SO BIG!!! :) Love you and miss you TONS!!!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was my favourite page of yours! I loved it and it jumped off your board to me!!! Wish we had more time to chat!!!! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura,
    I love this page. It is so dog-gone cute! I love your attention to details like the dog collar. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So So Cute! That Collar is the bomb! Just as cute as can be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This page is so creative and fantastic! What do you mean you are not a scrapper?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the little details. The paw prints are adorable. Tis was one of my favorite pages on display at convention

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your award Laura. A beautiful simple scrapbook page.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your scrapbook page --The paw prints are too cute !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous!! The photos are great, but you accented them perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute page! Congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete