Sunday, November 24, 2019

CHRISTMAS ACETATE BOXES:

Hello there! I've had so many requests for these little guys and I'm so happy to finally be able to share them with you:) I made these for everyone at out table at OnStage in Lansing last week-end. They all feature the Acetate Boxes that I cut in half using out old guillotine cutter.

I think Rudy might be my favorite so I'll start with him. I cut 2 strips of Early Espresso Cardstock measuring 11"x 3/4", wrapped them around the top and bottom, and secured them in place with Glue Dots. I used the retired Playful Pennants Dies for the teeth using Whisper White Cardstock. I used Glue Dots to tuck them under the cardstock, as Liquid Tombow was a little too messy. I used the Layering Circles Dies for the eyes and the 1/2" Circle Punch for the pupils from Basic Black Cardstock. The nose is from Real Red Cardstock using the 1 " Circle Punch and the ears were made with the Christmas Bulb Builder Punch. I made his antlers using the Snowman Builder Punch and just trimmed it down with Paper Snips. I used Garden Green Double-Stitched Ribbon and added a few Toile Tidings Glitter Enamel Dots.

For Elfie I used Granny Apple Green Cardstock and cut a triangle out of the Let It Snow DSP with Paper Snips. I used Whisper White, Basic Black and Petal Pink Cardstock. I used the Bouquet Bunch Dies for his ears and his nose is made with the Cuckoo Clock Dies. I trimmed off the top of a Clear Envelope with a paper Cutter and filled it with Christmas M&Ms. I then tied the top with the baker's twine from the Tags & More Accessory Kit, and added a Jungle Bell before I tied a bow. I also wrapped one around the sentiment.

For Gingy I used Soft Suede, Whisper White & Basic Black Cardstock. I used the stamp set Yummy Christmas for all the sentiments on the boxes and stamped the gumdrops with Whisper White Craft ink onto Real Red and Granny Apple Green Cardstock. I heat-embossed them with Whitem Embossing Powder and the Heat Tool. I then added a bit of Shimmery Crystal Effects, and sprinkled some Ice Stamping Glitter on top. I used the Smooth Sailing Dies with Whisper White Cardstock for the icing. I stamped the sentiment with Soft Suede and Real Red ink, and used Real Red Cotton Ribbon.

For the Penguin I used Basic Black and Whisper White Cardstock. I used the Layering Circle Dies from Cherry Cobbler Cardstock for his ear-muffs and I cut a small triangle from Pumpkin Pie Cardstock for his beak. I used the Cherry Cobbler Diagonal Stripe Ribbon and snipped the ends to make it look like a scarf. I stamped the sentiment with Basic Black and Cherry Cobbler ink, and used the 1/2" Circle Punch to pinch out the peppermints.

For Santa I used Real Red, Whisper White, Petal Pink and Basic Black Cardstock. I used the Bulb Builder Punch for his mustache and the 1/8" Scallop Circle Punch for his hat. I simply cut a triangle from Real Red Cardstock for his hat using Paper Snips. I stamped the sentiment with Basic Black and Real Red ink. For his belt buckle, I simply added a square of Real Red Cardstock with a Dimensionals onto a larger Basic Black square. I used the Real Red Ruched Ribbon and Toile Tidings Glitter Enamel Dots.

For Mrs. Claus I used Real Red, Whisper White, BAsic Black, Petal Pink and Smoky Slate Cardstock. I used the Snowman Builder Punch for her eyelashes and the Cuckoo Clock Dies for her nose. I used the Layering Ovals Dies for her hair and Poppy Parade Textured Weave Ribbon. I used Smoky Slate, Basic Black and Real Red ink and used Granny Apple Green and Real Red Stampin' Blends.

For the Nutcracker I used Night of Navy, Crushed Curry, Basic Black, Whisper White and Petal Pink Cardstock. I used the copper washi tape from the Tags & More Accessory Kit and the Layering Ovals for his hat brim. I used the Bouquet Bunch Dies for his mustache and the Circle Tab Punch for his fringe. I used the stars from the Most Wonderful Time Product Medley and the Real Red Curly Ribbon for his hat. I used the Basic Black Satin Ribbon the close the bag and used Basic Black and Cherry Cobbler ink.

For Frosty I used Whisper White and Basic Black Cardstock. I used Pumpkin Pie Cardstock for his nose, cutting it free-hand with Paper Snips. I used a Pumpkin Pie Marker to add the lines. I used Basic Black and Real Red ink and the 1/2" Circle Punch to punch out the candy. I used the Poppy Parade Textured Weave Ribbon and snipped the ends with Paper Snips.

We had a blast at OnStage and I have a bunch more pictures to post, but this is all I have time for today as we're going Christmas shopping with the kids and I need to get laundry going and packed again for Iowa City. We only have 3 days this week and them a 4- day week-end! After that Rick just has 3 days of treatment left and he'll be done with chemo and radiation on December 3rd! The end is in sight, hooty-hoo!!! Thanks so much for stopping by!

2 comments: