Monday, June 25, 2018

FRIENDLY EXPRESSIONS CARD:

Hello there! This is a card we made at TNT! last week using the set Friendly Expressions. I showed several techniques using the Stamparatus. We used the Shadow Technique for this card. I started with a Crumb Cake base. I mounted one of the designs from the Delightfully Detailed Laser-Cut Specialty DSP to a piece of Tea Room DSP using tiny drops of Liquid Tombow. I adhered this to the card base with SNAIL.

I cut a strip of Crumb Cake Cardstock and butted it up to the corner of the Stamparatus. You'll want to start with a larger piece of cardstock than you'll need so you can stamp further away from the hinges. You can then trim it down to the size you need. I placed the stamp on the cardstock where I wanted it. I then closed the plate to pick up the stamp. I inked the stamp on the plate with Crumb Cake ink. I reinked the stamp and stamped a second time to get the image darker. I cleaned the stamp with the Simply Shammy, which makes cleaning so easy with the Stamparatus. I then moved the cardstock away from the edges a tiny bit and inked the sentiment with VersaMark. I went over the cardstock several times with the Embossing Buddy and then stamped. I heat-embossed the sentiment with the Heat Tool. Off-setting the top sentiment just a hair is what creates this awesome technique!

I used the Ticket Tear Border Punch on one end, which I just discovered retired, oops! I added a piece of ribbon from the Metallic Ribbon Combo Pack to the back of the Crumb Cake with Liquid Tombow. I formed a zig-zag with the Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon, secured it with Glue Dots and added the sentiment on top with Dimensionals.

I cut a Pearlized Doily in half and tucked it behind the ribbon using Liquid Tombow. I finished it off with a few of the lovely Faceted Dots. I have several more projects to share using the Stamparatus and some fun techniques, so make sure to stop back! Thanks so much for coming by:)


No comments:

Post a Comment