Saturday, January 2, 2016

WATERCOLOR WISHES CARD:

Hello there! Here's the card I designed for the Decorative Masks Focus of the Creative Crew Challenge for this month. As I mentioned yesterday, we were to come up with 4 different projects~each with a specific challenge. My time on the Creative Crew Design Team will be from January through April, so you'll be seeing lots of projects that stretch my creativity:) For this card I started with a Hello Honey base and used the Dots & Stripes Decorative Masks for the background stripes. I used a Sponge Dauber and Hello Honey ink, and then used the same ink to layer the hearts on top using the Hearts & Stars Decorative Masks.

I made the tag out of Shimmery White Cardstock using the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch. I used the Dots & Stripes Mask with Soft Sky ink and a Sponge Dauber to add the subtle polka dots. I then used the stamp set from the Watercolor Wishes Card Kit for the sentiment in Wisteria Wonder ink. It's a beautiful kit with awesome sentiments~can't wait to put the cards together. Next I added a piece of Season of Cheer Washi Tape to the bottom of the tag. It's still available but only til January 4th. I stamped the hearts in Blushing Bride ink and cut the heart out using the Big Shot and the Baker's Box Thinlits. I added a piece of a Metallic Foil Doily and attached the heart with a Dimensional.

I attached a strip of Blushing Bride Sequin Trim to the tag with a Metallic Mini Clothespin, and sprinkled a few more sequins around attached with the Fine-Tip Glue Pen. I tied a bow around the clothespin using Silver Metallic Baker's Twine. I finished it off by adding a few Home For Christmas Enamel Dots, which won't be around for much longer either.

This was a fun challenge and I hope you'll join in the fun and play along. You can see the gallery here:  http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=20742. Or click on Creative Crew Gallery picture if this link doesn't work. I still can't get the blinkie to work on my sidebar, but once it's up and running, it will take you right to the gallery. Ggrrr...technology~you know I love it! Stop back tomorrow for another project:) Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment