Friday, January 10, 2014

BLAST OFF CARD:

Hello there! I have a birthday card to share with you today. If I'm struggling for inspiration, I love to go through SU! publications for ideas and then change them up a bit. The original idea for this card is on page 49 in the Annual Catalog. I converted it from a square card and changed the background. It's a fun way to jumpstart your creativity if it's not wanting to cooperate:) I started with a Smoky Slate base and stamped the background in it as well. I added a Pacific Point moon and cut it out with the Big Shot and Circles Collection Framelits.


I stamped the spaceship in Cherry Cobbler and cut out the window by hand, but you could easily use a circle punch instead. I adhered a Window Sheet to the back side with Liquid Tombow. I stamped the adorable alien in Pear Pizzazz, cut him out and attached him to a piece of Whisper White Cardstock. I then, double-stacked Dimensionals and attached him to the spaceship.  I added some Basic Rhinestones for fun.  The flames were stamped in Daffodil Delight and the sentiment in Pear Pizzazz. I added a little detail to the alien with a crushed Curry Marker~or maybe Pumpkin Pie, not sure which??? Sorry, I already mailed it so I can't check. Either will work:)

Such a fun card to make and I'm sure any little boy would love to get this in the mail:) Thanks so much for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment