Wednesday, November 22, 2017

DAISY DELIGHT CARD:

Hello there! I have a few projects to share with you from my TNT Tuesday Class last night. TNT stands for Tips & Tecnhiques, and I shared how to do the Stained Glass Technique 3 different ways. This card showed a faux version. I simply added DSP behind the cut-out image. I started with a Very Vanilla base. I then stamped the sentiment from Daisy Delight using Soft Suede ink. I stamped off the design in the background.

Next, I used the Butterflies Thinlits to cut out the butterfly from another piece of Very Vanilla, running the wing off the paper a bit. I then adhered a piece of Delightful Daisy DSP to the back with SNAIL. I attached this piece to the card base with Dimensionals. I then cut out a whole butterfly and adhered it in the negative space, putting Liquid Tombow only on the body of the butterfly, and slightly bent the wings up.

I folded a piece of Gold Mini Sequin Trim, tied a piece of Linen Thread around it and tied a bow. My brilliant card ladies discovered it was much easier to add the sequin trim to the butterfly with a Glue Dot, and then add the Linen Thread bow on top. I love how they always teach me something too!

I finished it off with a few sequins that I attached with tiny drops of Liquid Tombow.

This was the 'tweet' little favor I made for each of the attendees using a simplified version of the technique. I stamped the bird on a piece of Vellum Cardstock with Memento Black ink. You need to heat-set it or set it aside to dry for a bit so it doesn't smear.

Once dry, I turned it over and broke out the new Stampin' Blend Alcohol Markers. I used both light & dark shades of Pink Pirouette, Pool Party, Old Olive & Crumb Cake. I cut the image out with a 2" Circle Punch.

I then cut out a Whisper White circle using the 1 3/4" Circle Punch. I laid the vellum on top and punched a hole through both layers using the 1/8" Handheld Circle Punch. I used the Ticket Tear Border Punch on a 1" piece of Basic Black Cardstock and cut the strip in half. I then cut a 1" x 8" strip of Whole Lot of Lovely DSP and added the black strips to each side with Liquid Tombow.

I wrapped the belly band around a small slide-out Pool Party box, and adhered the ends together with Liquid Tombow, keeping the seam on top so the box laid flat. I ran a piece of Old Olive Baker's Twine around the box, through the hole and tied a bow.

I stamped the sentiment from Thoughtful Banners with Memento Black ink onto a strip of Pool Party Cardstock and attached with a Mini Dimensional.I finished it off with a pair of the gorgeous Gold Faceted Gems.

This card demonstrates the original, most realistic version of the Stained Glass Technique. It features the set Cheery Chirps from the Holiday Catalog and quite honestly, I skipped over it several times. When I decided to demonstrate the Stained Glass Technique, I knew this was the perfect set to showcase it. I started with a Crumb Cake base and stamped the background with VersaMark.

I used the VersaMark again to stamp the bird onto a Vellum Cardstock square. I ran the Embossing Buddy over the vellum first to remove static. I then dumped Silver Embossing Powder onto the bird on a piece of scrap paper. I dumped the excess back into the jar, tapping on the jar to remove every bit. The Embossing Buddy helps ensure the powder only sticks where it's supposed to.

I then flipped the vellum over and colored in the image using Fresh Fig, Lemon Lime Twist & Garden Green Markers. While the vellum was drying, I stamped the sentiment from Christmas Pines with Fresh Fig ink. I added a strip of Fresh Fig Cardstock underneath and tucked a piece of a silver Metallic Foil Doily underneath with Liquid Tombow.

I added a piece of Whisper White Cardstock behind the Vellum to make the colors stand out. I attached with Glue Dots behind the colored sections to conceal them. I then layered these on top of a square of Be Merry DSP with Dimensionals. I finished it off with a couple Glitter Enamel Dots.

We had a great time last night at TNT and we all learned something new! I hope you'll join us next month-it's always held on the 3rd Tuesday of the month. Make plans to attend Coffee Break on Saturday. We'll be breaking in my new Stampin' Pad! Stay tuned for the projects we'll be making. I hope you have a very blessed Thanksgiving with all those you love:) Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment