Tuesday, June 6, 2017

SPRINKLED WITH LOVE HOSTESS GIFT:

Hello there! I wanted to share this sweet Hostess gift I made this month using May's Paper Pumpkin kit called Sprinkled with Love. Every month SU! shares some alternative ideas for the kit and I used some of their ideas for this treat holder.

I used the Soft Suede Spot to rub over the donut card base. I scored the bottom of each side to make a base to hold the candy. I reinforced it with a piece of Crumb Cake Cardstock measuring 1" x 3" and glued it to the bottom. I used a Bone Folder on both sides of the card base to gently bend them. I attached the Powder Pink frosting piece to the front with Glue Dots and used a Gold Binder Clip to keep it closed. I tied a piece of the new Powder Pink Woven Ribbon around it and tied a bow.

I filled a 6" x 8" Cellophane Bag with peanut M&Ms, tied it shut with a piece of retired baker's twine and slid it inside the donut. I cut off the top of one of the striped kraft envelopes that came with the kit, folded it a couple of times and attached it to the bag with Glue Dots. I stamped the sentiment with Soft Suede onto one of the die-cut banners provided, snipped the ends off and adhered it on top with Dimensionals. I added the sequins and pearls included with the kit.

This was a really fun kit to put together and it came to the rescue for a sweet little treat for my Hostess this month. I'll be starting a new round of Club in July ordering from the brand new catalog which just went live. Let me know if you'd be interested in joining and getting a fun little treat during your month as Hostess, along with many other great perks! Thanks so much for stopping by:)

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely adorable Laura!!! What a great idea!
    Hugs to you,
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete