Tuesday, May 30, 2017

URBAN DISTRICT CARD:

Hello there! This is the last of my cards from last month's Card Buffet. I used the set Urban District and CASED this card from Rich at OnStage. I started with a Basic Grey base and added a layer of Urban District DSP on top. I added a piece of Bermuda Bay Cardstock that I stamped with Archival Basic Black ink.


I added a piece of Urban District Washi Tape over the cardsock. I cut a strip from a Silver Foil Sheet and used the Simply Scored to score it every 1/4". I used a hot glue gun and the Silicone Craft Sheet to make the medallion. I attached it to the card base with Tear & Tape.

I folded a piece of Silver Satin Ribbon in half, trimmed the ends at an angle and attached it to the cardstock with Glue Dots. I stamped the sentiment with Basic Black Archival ink onto Basic Grey Cardstock and used my Paper Snips to cut it out. I attached it to the medallion with a Dimensional in the center. I ran a piece of Basic Black Baker's Twine around the card and tied a knot. I tucked a Mini Paperclip underneath to the DSP.

As I look at this card it's always going to remind me of my dad. I drove over to see him today. They put a feeding tube in his stomach. He did really well with the surgery and was kind of in & out all day. When he woke up he seemed really alert and looking around a little. I'm not sure if he knew who I was or not. I'd ask him questions, but he couldn't really answer me. I saw 2 older men about my dad's age and thought what I wouldn't give to see him walking in the halls. It was a rough day-I feel like we're losing him, and I cried the whole way home. People keep telling me you just never know what can happen, and I'm hanging on to that:) Thanks so much for stopping by:)

No comments:

Post a Comment