Thursday, May 25, 2017

NAILED IT CARD FOR MY DAD:

Hello there! I'm sorry I've been away but my dad had a stroke 5 days ago.  He had a really good day today, and I'm just feeling so good after a couple of depressing days, that I thought I'd jump on here quick and share a card. I had forgot that I had two Father's Day cards that I hadn't posted yet and it made my heart sink a little bit seeing them. I obviously had him in mind when I was making them, and I wonder if he'll still be here with us by the time Father's Day gets here. This is the perfect card for my dad as he could build anything. He even built a tv, not only the cabinet to put it in, but the actual tv as well. Maybe I'll take this to him tomorrow just in case.

I used the Nailed It Bundle, along with the Urban Underground DSP and Embellishments. Unfortunately they're all gone. I started with a Delightful Dijon base and used the Hardwood background stamp with Early Espresso ink. I stamped the DSP with the Nailed It stamp set and Gorgeous Grunge. I used a Sponge Dauber in Early Espresso ink to dirty it up a bit.

I added a piece of Burlap Ribbon and added the tools made with Silver Foil Sheets and the Build It Framelits. I stamped the tool handles with Early Espresso onto the Urban Underground DSP. The only ink that didn't smear on the foil sheets was Black StazOn. I made sure to leave enough of the foil to attach the handles using Liquid Tombow. I stamped the sentiment onto Crumb Cake Cardstock, added a few Glue Dots to the back and attached some Linen Thread. I attached the sentiment with Dimensionals.

This is going to be a painful post, as every time I see this card I'm going to think of my dad. He will probably never regain the use of his left side, and he'll never be how he was before, but I'm so thankful the good Lord gave me this day with him. I don't know how many more I'll have but I'll always cherish the hours I had today. He just had his 84th birthday on May 9th and we took him out to lunch, and I'm so thankful we got to celebrate with him. If it's been awhile since you talked to your dad, give him a call or take him out to lunch. You just never know when it will be the last time. Thank you for letting me share my heart with you and for stopping by today:)

No comments:

Post a Comment