Saturday, October 15, 2016

HOME SWEET HOME HALLOWEEN:

Hello there! I have been having so much fun with these tiny treat houses and couldn't wait to share them with you:) I used the Sweet Home/Home Sweet Home Bundle for these and saved 10% by purchasing them together.

I made this sweet little house for Elise. I used retired Regals DSP for the house and Tear & Tape for the adhesive. I used Pumpkin Pie Cardstock for the roof. I simply traced around the roof part of the die and made a template. I attached it with Liquid Tombow. I made the shingles with Whisper White Cardstock and attached them with Liquid Tombow as well.

I stamped the candy and gumdrops with Pumpkin Pie and the black licorice stripes with Basic Black Archival ink. The sentiment is the same colors and attached with Glue Dots. I added a bow made with the Halloween Night Baker's Twine. I added a Halloween Night Enamel Dot for the door knob.

A couple tips...you'll use the smaller die to cut out the windows, and the larger window die is for the trim. I cut off one of the tabs for the roof to make it a little easier to assemble.

This is the perfect addition to the ensemble I made earlier:)

This is the house I made for Quinten. I used the Halloween Nights DSP, and Perfect Plum trim. I used Basic Black Cardstock for the roof and started adding rows from the bottom with Liquid Tombow. You'll want to stagger the shingles so they don't line up. Once the roof was covered, I trimmed the overhanging shingles, overlapping the house about a 1/4 of an inch.

For the banner I used Perfect Plum, Old Olive, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie & Basic Grey Markers. I added a piece of Halloween Night Baker's Twine on top with Liquid Tombow.

For the ghost, I stamped him in Basic Black Archival ink onto Whisper White Cardstock and cut out with one of the dies. I folded the end, added a rolled up Glue Dot and stuck him through the window, by wedging him in and securing the end to the inside of the house. I finished it off with a Halloween Night Enamel Dot door knob.

Quinten has gone back and forth between the Joker, Spiderman and has finally landed on a vampire for Halloween, which works out perfectly...until he changes his mind again:)

And here's the house I made for Gabe. Again I used the Halloween Night DSP and added a Basic Grey roof. The trim, bats and sentiment are made with Basic Black Cardstock and Whisper White Craft ink.

I stamped the spider web with Basic Black Archival ink onto Whisper White Cardstock,cut it out with my Paper Snips and adhered with Liquid Tombow. I added a piece of Basic Grey Cardstock to the inside of the window with rolled Glue Dots.

I finished it off with a Halloween Night Enamel Dot for the door knob.

These houses really are tiny, probably about 3 inches tall. They hold about 11 individual pieces of Starbust-sized candy. Now I'm off to make more of everything for the OCC auction. I'm so glad I have pictures of everything, as what took me hours to create will be ripped open in a matter of seconds-at least you appreciate them I'm sure:)

I wanted to give you an update about the Card Buffet I mentioned earlier. There was a conflict with church, so the first one will be held on Thursday, December 1st from 4-8pm. You can come for the whole time or just pop in to make a few cards. I will have 8-12 different card designs and you can pick which ones you want to make, and how many you make. I will have a mixture of Christmas and all-occasion designs, and several quick & easy options.

I'll have each card and all the components to make that card in a tote on the Buffet Table. You pick the first card you want to make and take that tote to the table to make your card(s). When you're finished, put everything back in the tote and return it to the Buffet Table. Pick the next card you want to make and repeat the process.

The cost is $3 per card, which includes SU! envelopes. Keep track of how many you make and pay me before you leave. You'll need to supply your own adhesive, but I'll also have SNAIL & Liquid Tombow to purchase if needed. I'll provide, grid sheets, Stampin' Mist & Scrubbers, scissors and any additional adhesives needed.

If you want to place an order that night, you'll get to make 1 card  for free for every $25 increment:
   *Place a $25 order and get 1 free card
   *Place a $50 order and get 2 free cards
   *Place a $75 order and get 3 free cards, etc.
*If you're a member of my downline, you can make 1 card for free.

I'll probably have coffee, but feel free to bring whatever you want to drink & snack on...well we can't bring WHATEVER we want to drink unfortunately:(

If you're interested in attending or have any questions, please email me. I hope to see you at this fun event! Thanks so much for stopping by:)

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Laura...These are ADORABLE!!!
    I absolutely LOVE them!!! You are very creative!!!
    Hugs to you...Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Barbara:) You are too kind:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Barbara:) You are too kind:)

    ReplyDelete