Friday, July 15, 2016

WILD ABOUT FLOWERS CARD:

Hello there! I needed a Retirement card, so I was happy to break out the set Wild About Flowers. And I figured I'd make 8 of them while I was at it. I pretty much CASED this from the catalog, with a few upgrades. I started with a Whisper White base and added another layer on top. I seem to have issues with a watercolor background. I've watched many videos and it looks so easy, but I can never get it to look the way I want. After wasting a whole sheet of cardstock, I moved to Plan B. I put the Watercolor Wash Background Stamp to work by stamping the Pool Party Stamp Pad directly to the center of the stamp. I added several drops of water to the stamp and moved it around with a brush, getting the background shape I wanted. It worked out really well and was able to get 8 card fronts to look pretty much the same.

Next, I inked the darkest stem image with Old Olive ink, and then stamped off with it again to the left. I used another stem image and stamped off before stamping it to the base. I then used Sweet Sugarplum for the lighter flowers, and Rick Razzleberry for the darker ones. I stamped the sentiment in Rich Razzleberry as well. I used the Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush to add a little sparkle and dimension to the flowers. I then ran a piece of Playful Palette Washi Tape below the sentiment and added a piece of Burlap Ribbon overlapping it.

I then thread a retired button with a piece of Gold Cording~not sure if it will carry over to the Holiday Catalog or not? I'll find out in a couple of weeks:) I attached it with a Dimensional piece at the top and Glue Dots at the bottom of the button. I then added a few sequins left over from last month's Paper Pumpkin with the Fine-Tip Glue Pen.

This ended up being a little more time-consuming (don't they all?) than I thought it would be, but I was still able to knock out 8 of them last evening. So happy to finally get some ink on this set. Thanks so much for stopping by:)

3 comments: