Monday, July 4, 2016

BY ONES & BY TWOS CARD:

Hello there! Happy 4th of July to you. We did the firework festivities last night, so today I'm playing upstairs:) As I mentioned in a prior post, we're in the process of getting a website up and going for me to sell my cards on, Rick to sell his candles & bottles, and our son Joel to sell his artwork. So I am in the process of stockpiling cards for all occasions. I need to fill in some holes, so I'm starting with A for adoption.

Unfortunately the only set I have is this set called By Ones & By Twos from the 2008 Occasions Mini. Luckily it still works perfectly fine for this card. I started with a Smoky Slate base, which I ran through the Big Shot using the Large Polka Dot Embossing Folder. On top of that I added a So Saffron layer and rounded the corners using the PL Corner Rounder Punch. I added a piece of Calypso Coral Striped Ribbon, which is discontinued as well. I stamped the onesie with Smoky Slate ink onto Whisper White Cardstock, and cut it out with the brand new Layering Squares Framelits. I ADORE these...look at the adorable nesting frame that goes with it! There are 19 different dies, with all the sizes you could ever want. There are Circles, Ovals and Hearts as well:)

I then stamped the onesie onto Calypso Coral DSP, cut it out with my Paper Snips and attached it over the stamped image. I stamped the duckie and punched it out with a 1/2" Circle Punch. I used So Saffron & Calypso Coral Markers to color it and attached with a Dimensional.

I stamped the sentiment with Smoky Slate ink and added the knot with Glue Dots. I finished it off with a few sequins from the Metallics Sequin Assortment with the Fine-Tip Glue Pen. I'll probably put this set to work again to make another card or two for some variety. I'll share when I'm finished:) Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment