Tuesday, October 6, 2015

ACORNY SQUIRREL:

Hello there! I'm so excited to share this little cutie with you made with the set Acorny Thank You and the Curvy Keepsake Box Thinlits Die. This is the Bonus Project you'll get to make when you sign up for the Nutty Notecards Class On Thursday, October 22nd. He makes a sweet treat holder for your little goblins this Halloween, or he'll compliment your table as Thanksgiving favors for your guests He's just the perfect addition to any Fall Festivites:)

With your $50 class fee, you'll get to make this little guy along with the Nutty Notecard set and box. You'll get to take him, along with the stamp set, punch and package of DSP home with you. THE DEADLINE TO SIGN UP IS THIS FRIDAY, OCTOBER 9TH AND I'LL NEED PAYMENT THEN TO PLACE THE ORDER.

I used Soft Suede Cardstock along with the Big Shot and Curvy Keepsake Box Thinlits. I used the Hamburger Box Die for his cheeks and trimmed the heart die as shown. I used the Paper-piercing Mat & Tool to poke a couple of holes and ran a piece of Linen Thread through, knotting both ends. I attached his cheeks with Dimensionals. I used the Tree Builder Punch in Soft Suede for his nose and adhered with a Glue Dot. I added a pair of googlie eyes and an acorn cap made with Crumb Cake ink and the Acorn Builder Punch.

I used the retired table setting die for his tail, but you could easily use a circle punch and cut the spiral yourself. I attached it using a Glue Dot. I stamped the tag with Soft Suede ink onto Whisper White Cardstock and punched it out with the whole acorn image part of the punch. I stamped it again using Crumb Cake ink and used the acorn top image to pop out the top only~you get both shapes in 1 punch! I used Linen Thread to tie the tag to the handle and to make the bow.

I hope you'll join us for the Nutty Notecards Class from 6-9pm at First Christian Church in Burlington, Iowa. See more details about the class by clicking on Older Posts at the bottom of this blog post and go to the  September 9th and 29th posts or feel free to email me at: lmel09@q.com. I hope you'll join us, but hurry, there's only a few days left to sign up! Thanks so much for stopping by:)


4 comments: