Sunday, September 27, 2015

HOWL-O-WEEN TREAT BAG:

Hello there! I have a fun & easy treat bag to share with you today. I made these favors for all my Paper Pumpkin Pals this past week at my Paper Pumpkin Night. Again, I stole the idea from Shannon at Convention, but decorated it differently.

You start with a piece of DSP~I used the Happy Haunting DSP from the Holiday Catalog. Cut it at 10" x 3 3/4" and score it at 1", 6" & 8 1/2". Slide the DSP into a Gusseted Bag and open the paper up inside the bag and it will hold the shape of the cello bag for you. It's hard to see, but I added scallop strips to both ends of the DSP using the Berry Basket Die.

I love that you get to see both sides of the paper~usually you have to pick one and the poor other side is stuck down to the card:( Once you have the paper inside, fill the bag with treats and fold the excess cello bag under the top flap and secure with a Glue Dot on each side. I cut off 1 1/2" off the top of the Gusseted Bag before I started so there'd be less bulk. Next, I stamped the owl and accessories from the set Howl-o-ween Treat in Basic Black, Tangelo Twist and Rich Razzleberry ink onto Very Vanilla Cardstock. I cut them out with the Boo To You Framelits with the help of the Big Shot.

I added some Gold Glimmer Paper accents to the hat and sentiment. I attached the owl, along with a Spider Web Doily to the bag with a Clothespin. I finished it off with a Basic Black Baker's Twine bow.

This was a super fun & easy project and really easy to knock a bunch of these out in no time:) Make sure to stop back tomorrow, as the fun just keeps on coming! Thanks so much for stopping by:)

No comments:

Post a Comment