Saturday, June 20, 2015

BASEBALL CARD:

Hello there! I just wanted to pop in here quick and share a Father's Day card I made for my son-in-law.  My daughter bought him Twins tickets and asked if I'd make him a card. This is what I came up with:)

I started with a Night of Navy base and ran it through the Big Shot using the Lucky Stars Embossing Folder. I then ran a piece of Whisper White through using the Banners Framelits. I used the Dots & Stripes Decorative Masks to draw the pinstripes with a Rose Red Marker. I printed off a couple of Twins logos and my printer didn't print a true red, so I had to go with Rose Red...but that's okay. It's a color I rarely use so I got to show it a little love.

As I said, I printed 2 of the logos and used the Circles Framelits to cut them out, but on one, I used a smaller circle and ran it through the Big Shot only til I felt a little resistance. I turned it and did the same on the other side and then used my Paper Snips to cut around the T and the s. I then layered the smaller circle on top using Dimensionals. I tied a piece of Whisper White Baker's Twine around the pinstriped piece and then tied a piece of Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine over the top. I strung some more through a pair of Neutrals Buttons and adhered with Glue Dots.

The sentiment on the envelope is from a past Paper Pumpkin kit and worked great for this project. I was so happy with how it turned out and I hope Russ likes it too:) And speaking of Paper Pumpkin...I got an order from Mr. Brown yesterday with some goodies to make a surprise for each of my subscribers who are attending my Pumpkin Party on July 30th. I wasn't expecting it til Monday, but it came 3 days early! Love when that happens:) Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment