Sunday, May 3, 2015

GUY GREETINGS CARD #3:

Hello there! Here's card #3 that you'll make with this month's CLASS OF THE MONTH:GUY GREETINGS. I'm going to give this card to our son for Father's Day. He doesn't have any kids of his own yet, but he's been like a father to his 2 nephews:) I started with a Crumb Cake base and ran it through the Big Shot using the Alphabet Press Embossing Folder. I then used a Sponge Dauber in Early Espresso ink to add a little definition.

Next, I layered a couple of pieces of DSP from the Adventure Bound DSP Stack, and heat embossed the image in Whisper White Craft ink and White Embossing Powder. I waited to adhere the DSP together until I used Gorgeous Grunge on the striped piece and the Crumb Cake, and tucked a piece of Epic Day Washi Tape underneath.

I then cut a few bricks out of the DSP and attached with Dimensionals. Since Joel is such a softy, I thought it appropriate to add the heart from the Basic Hodgepodge Clips to complement all the other testosterony stuff. I finished it off by folding a piece of Beach House Washi Tape around the heart, flagging the end, and adding a pair of Early Espresso Candy Dots from the Neutrals assortment.

I had intended to order the Mustache Framelit to use on this card, but forgot and couldn't get it here in time to post for the class, but I'm happy I was able to make it work without it. Again, I used some retiring products on this card:

Alphabet Press Embossing Folder-50% off:(
Basic Hodgepodge Clips-50% off
Epic Day Washi Tape-50% off
Beach House Washi Tape-40% off

Stop back tomorrow to see the final card included in this month's class. Thanks so much for stopping by:)

No comments:

Post a Comment