Wednesday, May 27, 2015

GARDEN PARTY CARDS:

Hello there! I'm back with another set that will be retiring soon, actually, it's only available as supplies last. The name of this set is Garden Party and for some reason I really like it. As you may have read in previous posts, I'm not usually drawn to flower sets, but I do like this one. I started with a Whisper White base and ran a layer of the same through the Big Shot using the Large Polka Dots Embossing Folder. I then ran another piece through using the Fun Frames Embossing Folders and cut the frame out by hand.

I stamped the flowers in Pool Party, Crushed Curry and 3 of the brand new In Colors-Tip Top Taupe, Cucumber Crush & Watermelon Wonder. They're so fresh and fun, especially for summer:) I used a variety of circle punches to cut them out: 1 1/4", 3/4" and 1/2" Circle Punches. I used one of the circles from the Owl Builder Punch for the smallest flowers. I colored the sentiment with a Bermuda Bay Marker.

I attached the frame and some of the flowers with Dimensionals and tucked a piece of Bermuda Bay Baker's Twine underneath with Glue Dots. I ran two designs of the new Cherry On Top Washi Tape onto a piece of Whisper White Cardstock and trimmed to size. I stuck them underneath the frame using Glue Dots. I had one lonely Bermuda Bay Candy Dot from the Brights collection begging to be used, so I added it to finish the card.

The only thing retiring on this card is the set Garden Party. But I thought you'd like to see alot of the new products in action.

Here's another card using Garden Party and Big News. I fell in love with this sample in our demonstrator magazine. The sample featured the set Bravo with the sentiment Congrats! Knew You Could, Knew You Would, but I changed it up as our church needs birthday cards more than graduation. I'm kind of ashamed to admit that the only reason I bought the Hooray It's Your Day Kit in the Occasions Catalog was for the starburst stencil that I used on this card. But I think it really makes the card pop and I"ll have fun making the cards that come in the kit, so there, I justified it:)

I started with a Crumb Cake base and stamped the leaves in Crumb Cake ink as well. I then stamped the VersaMark pad on a piece of Crushed Curry Cardstock using the stencil. It helps to use a dab of repositional adhesive to keep the stencil in place. I then covered the cardstock with Crushed Curry Embossing Powder and used the Heat Tool to emboss it. I then took a Sponge Dauber and used Crushed Curry ink around the edge to give it a little depth.

I stamped the sentiment in Bermuda Bay onto Whisper White Cardstock and adhered it to the Curry piece, which I attached to the base with Dimensionals. The other sentiment is stamped in Crumb Cake. I then stamped the flowers using Pool Party, Crumb Cake, Crushed Curry stamp pads, and Watermelon Wonder & Old Olive Markers. I cut them all out using my Paper Snips and adhered with Glue Dots and Dimensionals.

I then added a tiny paperclip from the Basic Hodgepodge Clips and tied a Linen Thread bow around it.

I truly love everything about this card, and although I liked the graduation one better, I'm glad I was able to tweek it and make it work for a birthday. These flowers were really fun to work with and I could have easily came up with some other cards, but I wanted to get busy on a different set while it's still available. Ironically, it's another flower set too, lol.  Here's a list of the retiring products:

Stamps: Garden Party( wood-20% off)
Kit: Hooray It's Your Day Project Kit
Embellishments: Basic Hodgepodge Clips (50% off)
                         Crushed Curry Embossing Powder (50% off)

Make sure to double check the Retiring Products list and get what you want before it's gone. It's already begun...one stamp set is already gone. Thanks so much for stopping by:)

No comments:

Post a Comment